Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 140CP

After getting 140 approved for CP, if for some reason
    I decide to do AOS (485), what is the procedure ??

Nothing. Just file I-485 as if nothing happened. If INS comes back to you saying you have to withdraw either 485 or CP, then withdraw CP as you want to do 485.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Thank you much for the reply

The rule that I cannot apply for EAD if I go for CP does not apply if I change my mind to use the 140 approved for CP towards AOS, correct ??

Will be EAD process be delayed because I am applying with 140 approved for CP ??

Comment

Correct.
        No.
        Immihelp Support
        No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

140CP

Based on your above answers, it looks like when filing for fresh 140, marking it for CP is a better option. Correct ??

Another question:

I have read that for a company to apply for GC you need not be its employee (for e.g. you may have accepted the offer but waiting for H1 or L1 or some temproary work permit).

Till what stage of GC processing be done before you have to be an actual employee (i.e. on the payroll) of the company that has begun your GC processing ??

Comment

I don't knwo what you measn by apply for new I140. In service centres like VSC(Vermont) making a change
            during I140 processing is equally easy as specifying you want CP in you I140 but others like TSC & CSC may not be that leniant towards making such changes mid course. To be absolutely safe then apply your I140 clearly indicating CP.

- GC is for a position in the future therefore technically you don't have to be an employee of the company or on payrolls right now, howver it just substantiates your case if you already are and also shows that "Hey the guys works for us, we know his ability and we need him permanently"

- You can join after GC Too

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X