X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unused Green Cards for fy2000 and fy2001

1. Does anyknow how many green cards have been carried over to
    FY 2001 because of passage of S-2045?

2.Can we find this information somewhere officially?
    Will the unused green cards of fy1999 as well as fy2000 will be carried
    over to fy2001.?

3.Any guess of how will it improve PD situation for India/China.

3 Months at a time

I believe INS is aware of the unused Visas. And the last few educated guesses were they are about 130k or more. I am trying to be conservative.

And about the moments of the dates the INS is cautious trying to move 3 months at a time.

This was told to me by my attorney let us wait to see the worthiness of this. On 10th of next month, 11 days more guys, let us check it out on 10th next month.

Good luck to you all

Comment

thanks...

Pls tell me what does it mean by INS is cautious not to move PDs by more
      than 3 months at a time.
      Is it to avoid future retrogression of PDs?
      thanks again.

Comment

Unused Green Cards for fy2000 and fy2001

Though I see a logical reason as to why they will not move current dates by 3 months. I don't think I will accept your Attorneys explanation.

1. If All dates become current -- They will cause 100's of thousands of applications being filed (485), maybe INS is trying to regulate this major clogging.

2. However in the past a year and half ago for almost 6 months all of a sudden the dates all became current all at once. Then after 6 months dates retrogressed but those who got their foot in the door (filed 485) got EAD, but are still sitting on the sidelines waiting for their case to be current.

So wait and watch anything is possible with the INS.

Comment

EB3 PD moving ???????????????????????????????????

Xkuger,

I spoke to an NVC Rep and she said EB3,EB2 are current for INDIA.

As a part of new law INS has to move the unused greenCards on a quarterly basis.

Not to forget that INS which comes under DOJ is different from NVC which comes under DOS.

DOS is the one which moves the PD's and which keeps track of Immigrant Visas.

Visa Bulletin that comes out on 15th of every month
          has information as of 8th of every month.

Feb15th Bulletin should clarify everything.
          Best of Luck to EB3 guys like me.

[email protected]

Comment

unused GCs

That is amazing news if it is really true.
            Let us watch in the coming bulletin.

Comment

My EB3 case has become current too!

My EB3 case at NVC (PD sEPT 16,1999) is current as per NVC automated message today? It was not current when i checked a couple of weekes back? Mine is a direct CP case. Does this mean the PD's are going to be current for March?

Ravi

Comment

Re: My EB3 case has become current too!

can anyone pls give me the number of NVC. what other info will they need to tell me my status?

Comment

NVC Ph No

is 603-334-0700. You will need your I-140 receipt No.
                  Keep us posted of any info.
                  Ravi

Comment

Does that mean ?

Does that mean all PDs of EB3 category up to Sep 99 have become current?
                    It may be that we have to wait for Feb 15 for visa bulletin to update this info. Am I wrong somewhere?
                    Or the PD mentioned is of EB2?

Comment

EB3 PD moving ?

HTML Comments are not allowed

Comment

EB3 PD moving ?

Ravip,

After looking at some of your Posts.

--Your I-140 is approved in EB2 even though you applied in EB3.

--Your Case is Current right now even though it was n't current couple of days back.

Did You speak to the NVC rep about your category and your PD becoming current.Coz if NVC is considering your Case under Eb2 no wonder that your 99 PD is current.But if it considering under EB3 and your PD is current then we should wait eagerly for Feb 15th PD's.

Also, Dont you think there will be a problem at the consulate if your I-140 is approved under EB2 even though you are eligible for EB3.

My Case
                        -------
                        P.D : 10/99
                        I-140 ( AOS ) : Approved for EB3.
                        I-824 filed to change AOS to CP.
                        New I-140 ( CP & same WAC #) approved for EB3.
                        I-824 Approval notice ( says EB2 )

NVC says my Case is under EB2.
                        NVC generated Case# ( MDR2001...)
                        NVC message says "Packet of forms will be sent in 4-6 weeks...)

Waiting for EB3 PD to become current...

[email protected]

Comment

Called NVC ABOUT PD BEING CURRENT

I AM IN EB3 PD NOT CURRENT. CALLED NVC, AUTOMATED MACHINE SAYS CASE IS CURRENT.
                          SO TALKED TO A PERSON AT NVC. SHE SAID WHEN THE AUTOMATED MACHINE SAYS DATES ARE CURRENT, IT ONLY MEANS THAT NVC HAS SEND A PACKET TO YOUR LAWYER.
                          ASKED HER WHETEHER THE DATES ARE GOING TO BE CURRENT. SHE SAID SHE DOESNT KNOW

Comment

EB3 PD moving ?

Ambilmama,

Thanks for the info.Iam looking for more EB3 people

NVC checks the PD and if PD is current then only they will generate Case # and send packet3.

But in Some cases NVC also sends Packet3 for people whose PD is about to be current ( say for Ex June 97 EB3 person as the current EB3 PD cutoff is May 97 )

But if a person's PD is farther than 1 year from the current cut-off either there is a mistake or they are moving the Eb3 dates.

@#%$'t it a part of the law that INS has to move the unused greenCards on a quarterly basis ?

[email protected]

Comment

checked NVC. It has no information on my case.

I don't know what this is all about. I checked NVC but they do not have any information on my case. I am not sure if all those whose case has become current have applied for CP 'cos I havent and most comments I saw mention that they have applied for CP. Anyways as far as this packet being sent to applicants in 4-6 weeks is concerned, I got it from my attorney within a week of I140 approval which was way back in june 2000. I too am EB3, PD is March 2000 and am not going for CP. Guess will have to wait till the 15th Feb to find all about this. Best of luck to you guys.

sbalchand.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X