• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-140 approved: H1B about to expire - Can I change Employer

My Second H1B expires on Oct 23, 2009

LC Approval date: May 21, 2008

I-140 Approval date: Jan 05, 2009

Left only 7 months on H1B, I know that I can transfer to another employer.

My question is

1) Do I have to have LC and I-140 approved in my new company within Oct 23, 2009?

2) If I do my H1B transfer, will I get my H1B expiry date as Oct 23, 2009 or 3 years from Oct 23, 2009 as I have my I-140 approval from my previous company?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Based on the experience of my friend, #2.

Go with PP on the transfer and join only after getting the approval.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Answer for first question please!

Thanks txh1b for your response.

Anyone in this group, can you please answer my first question please!

Comment

No. You can get an extension based on already approved I140 provided the company that sponsored it does not pull out and revoke it. Read the Neufield memo on the forum.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by spider
          My Second H1B expires on Oct 23, 2009

LC Approval date: May 21, 2008

I-140 Approval date: Jan 05, 2009

Left only 7 months on H1B, I know that I can transfer to another employer.

My question is

1) Do I have to have LC and I-140 approved in my new company within Oct 23, 2009?

2) If I do my H1B transfer, will I get my H1B expiry date as Oct 23, 2009 or 3 years from Oct 23, 2009 as I have my I-140 approval from my previous company?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
          hi i saw in ur mail that ur LC was approved on may2008 and u got ur I 140 approved on jan 5 2009,could u please let me know what category it was and how 1140 was approved so soon as the processing time now is more than a year in every service center. my case was filed on EB3 category in septeber 2008 and it show the processing dates are august 2007 and my H1b is abt to expire on april 2009. please reply.
          thanx in asvance for ur kind reply

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X