I-140 approved, Company terminates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-140 approved, Company terminates

I have an approved I - 140 and I am getting close to Current date. I would like to know if the company which has sponsered my green card becomes bankrupt and is terminated (Closed). Will I still be able to use the I -140 or I need to move on to a different company with a fresh GC processing.

Different company and fresh GC.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks txh1b

My last question was just out of curiosity.

Let me put the wierd scenario/situation I am currently dealing with. I am currently working on H1 B (First 3 years) for company "A" and the same Company "A" has also filed my GC in EB2 category. My PD is just 3 years away from the current date. The current company "A" has another branch called Company "B". My current company "A" has asked me to file the next three years of the H1 B through company "B" althought the GC will still remain with Company "A".

I want to know does processing GC from company "A" and working for company "B" will have a possibilty of getting my GC processing into trouble in the future. I apologize if I sound unclear.

Thanks in advance
      Regards.

Comment

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks

I believe my scenario has the following answer in bold.

Green card is for future employment. You can have your GC processed by the company that you are not even employed with.

Possible - If the parent company still wants to hire you and would continue to process the GC.

In the light of the statements mentioned above the Parent company in my case is Company "A", Concludes that I can have H1 B from Company "B" and GC from Company "A".

Please correct if I am wrong.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X