Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can the priority date remains the same ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DMX17
    replied
    PD has nothing to do with which state your job is in.

PD capture happens. You apply for I-485 whenever your turn comes with the I-140 you want to base your adjustment of status on. This would be the new I-140 with old captured PD.

Leave a comment:

• kashif007
    replied
    I had another confusion with regards to the following post of "Capturing the Priority Date". The concern is that even if I capture my PD with the help of an attorney does my next GC processing need to be from the same state as my previous employer. Can I not use my PD with the employer belonging to any state or any of the four service centers for I-140 (Nebraska, Texas, California and Vermont).

To be more elaborate, Lets say I worked for a company "A" and I got my I-140 approved by company "A" (which is in New Jersey state) and there is some priority date "x" given to me. After a while I got a better billing offer from company "B" (which is either in Illinois or California) and I immediately get my PD capture with the help of an attorney. I transfer my H1 from company "A" to company "B". Now that I am no longer with company "A" I start a fresh GC processing with company "B". Assume that after a while if I get another approved I-140 from company "B" which is in Illinois or California state and not New Jersey, can I use the same captured PD.

Please advice what would be the best option for my scenario. Thanks for the help in advance.

Leave a comment:

• kashif007
    replied
    Thank you so much.

Leave a comment:

• txh1b
    replied
    It is not automatically transferred over to B. The lawyer has to request the PD capture with the new company and the person can retain the old PD.

Leave a comment:

• kashif007
    replied
    can the priority date remain same if GC is re-applied ?

Please some one help me with this question ?

Leave a comment:

• kashif007
    started a topic Can the priority date remains the same ?

Can the priority date remains the same ?

Hi

I have another question just out of curiosity. Lets say I worked for a company "A" and I got my I-140 approved by company "A" and there is some priority date "x" given to me. After a while I got a better billing offer from company "B" and I transfered my H1 from company "A" to company "B". Now that I am no longer with company "A" I start a fresh GC processing with company "B". Assume that after a while I get another approved I-140 from company "B".

I would like to know if the priority date on the approved I-140 of Company "A" will be the same as the priority date of the approved I-140 of the company "B". I heard from one of my friends that the Priority date belong to the applicant and not the company. Is this statement correct. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X