aaah!! Company going belly up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aaah!! Company going belly up

I’ve been on H-1 since ages – 10 years to be exact. My latest H-1 (to be expired in Oct 2010) was obtained based on an approved I-140 (EB 3) with PD of August 2006. Now owing to current economic situation, my employer – a tech consulting/placement company (A) may have to shut down. To save our H-1 status, they’re making arrangements to transfer my H1 and that of two other working consultants to another placement company (B). I stand to lose my green card process of up to now. But my immediate concern is to maintain & get another H-1 extension next year.

What I want to confirm is that the company’s immig attorneys are telling me that based on approved I-140, other company will be able to able to get me another H-1 extension. Is that true? Can company B use the I-140 of company A & obtain H-1 extension?

I don’t want to get screwed from both sides – so want to make sure that what they’re telling me is really a viable option. Would really appreciate your knowledgeable & expert opinions. Thanks
    Last edited by Jipish; 02-12-2009, 11:58 PM.

Yes, it is possible to get an extension based on an approved I140 from another employer.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X