Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filing a new I-140 petition with my new employer

Hi,

I have landed in a strange situation for which I couldn't find any suitable answer online.
    1. My previous employer (A) has filed I-140 (in EB2) and it was approved but I never received the I-797 approval copy for it.
    2. With in 180 days, I found a better job and moved to my current employer (B).
    3. After moving to employer B, I requested them to file a new petition for I-140 since I did not know if the employer A had withdrawn the I-140 application. I have reached out to employerA and also their attorney asking if they had withdrawn the petition or is it still active. I didn't get a clear response.
    4. Up on my friends suggestion, I have requested a FOIA with USCIS asking for a "copy of I-797 for the approved I-140" (filed by employer A). It came back with "No Records Found".
    At this point, I want to get back to employer B's attorney with this FOIA response I received and ask them to file a new PERM and I-140 petition. My question is, what are the implications if a new I-140 is filed by my employer B even though the old one is still active (by any chance) ? I am not concerned about porting the priority date but I just want to know if it is okay to have an existing I-140 active (from previous employer) when we are applying another one (by new employer). Thanks for your advice.

You can have as many I140s filed for you as you want. Each one is independent of the others.
    Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks for your response scientist2016

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X