I-140 Transfer - URGENT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-140 Transfer - URGENT

I am working in Company A which is now processing my GC under EB3 Category. My I140 has been filed and I reckon should be approved in the next 3 months. I am planning to quit my company and join another firm here. Is it possible to continue my GC processing with the new company by transferring the I140? The new company says they will process my GC thru EB2, but not sure if my existing I140 can be transferred and continued under EB2.
    Please help

Not possible. Wait till the I140 is approved so that you can atleast recapture the older PD from the labor from your current company.

If not, you re-enter the queue again when the new company files for labor. New company has to start all over again.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Hi Txh1b,

Does that mean that once my current I140 is approved, I can transfer to the new company and carry over the current PD, but would have to re-file my I140 thru the new company again without going through the Labour process again? I guess this can be done under EB2 too.

Comment

Originally posted by djayash View Post
        Hi Txh1b,

Does that mean that once my current I140 is approved, I can transfer to the new company and carry over the current PD, but would have to re-file my I140 thru the new company again without going through the Labour process again? I guess this can be done under EB2 too.
        You can carry the PD but the new company has to start from labor, not just I140.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thank you so much, txh1b

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X