X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AOS fee paid & form sent/received.

Hi,

Does anybody know what is next?

We have paid the AOS fee ($88). And we have sent the AOS form into the NVC via Fedex. Fedex showing that they have received it today.

Do we get any receipt from the NVC? Also, do we get any confirmation that everything is ok with the AOS form or if there is any issues?

Secondly, the Immigrant Visa (IV fee) fee isn't available to be paid online yet, says its not been invoiced. When does that become available to pay. Assume that is the next step to my visa process.

Any help?

Thanks,
    J

You have to submit the DS-261 agent form before the visa fee is billed to you.

If you paid the $88 fee online, you should have been able to download its receipt.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Jammydodger View Post
    Hi,

Does anybody know what is next?

We have paid the AOS fee ($88). And we have sent the AOS form into the NVC via Fedex. Fedex showing that they have received it today.

Do we get any receipt from the NVC? Also, do we get any confirmation that everything is ok with the AOS form or if there is any issues?

Secondly, the Immigrant Visa (IV fee) fee isn't available to be paid online yet, says its not been invoiced. When does that become available to pay. Assume that is the next step to my visa process.

Any help?

Thanks,
    J

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
      You have to submit the DS-261 agent form before the visa fee is billed to you.

If you paid the $88 fee online, you should have been able to download its receipt.

--Ray B
      Hi Ray,

I have the AOS receipt for the fee of $88 which states, PAID. The next step was to send a completed AOS form to the NVC. We did this and registered mail says it was delivered today. So do we get any further confirmation from the NVC that they received this form & our financial support meets the requirements?

Also, we have completed the DS-261 agent form. Did this prior to paying the AOS fee & we assigned my wife (US citizen) as the agent.

We haven't heard anything more about the IV application which is the next step after we had established financial support. I want to pay the IV fee ($244) but online where the fees are paid next to Immigrant Visa fee it says "not invoiced". So, until I pay this I can't submit the IV application.

Hope I'm explaining this right. Appreciate the help.

James

Comment

Any Advice

Hi Ray,

Do you have any further advice on this? Should we try to contact the NVC?

Comment

If your sponsorship package was just delivered today, it's too early to bother trying to get a status form the NVC.

--Ray B

Hi Ray,

Comment

If your sponsorship package was just delivered today, it's too early to bother trying to get a status from the NVC.

--Ray B

Hi Ray,

Comment

Ray B,

Really appreciate the feedback. Just finding it difficult that we are now waiting for the NVC to make their next move again. Thought we had the ball rolling. We're unable to get through to the NVC by phone, quite literally isn't ringing through. Is that normal? not been able to call for about a week now.

Our Immigrant visa invoice fee still isn't available to pay online, so until thats paid we're unable to start the IV application. Also concerned that they have received our AOS forms but we haven't had any confirmation from them to say they have received them or even approved them.

Are we literally at the stage of just waiting?

Thanks again.

Comment

Jammy,

The NVC doesn't "confirm" receipt of the AOS package. They only send a request for a resubmittal or correction if something is wrong.

Otherwise, the delay in being billed for the visa payment seems to be affecting all the packages, with waits from several weeks to two months.

--Ray B

Ray B,

Really appreciate the feedback. Just finding it difficult that we are now waiting for the NVC to make their next move again. Thought we had the ball rolling. We're unable to get through to the NVC by phone, quite literally isn't ringing through. Is that normal? not been able to call for about a week now.

Our Immigrant visa invoice fee still isn't available to pay online, so until thats paid we're unable to start the IV application. Also concerned that they have received our AOS forms but we haven't had any confirmation from them to say they have received them or even approved them.

Are we literally at the stage of just waiting?

Thanks again.

Comment

I spoke to NVC today about my case and they said it takes about 60 days to process the AOS forms. Once that is complete the next step will be to fill out the immigration visa forms and pay the corresponding IV fees.

Comment

IV applicaton processing fee

Hello,

I would like to ask. I have American husband, I'm Czech, we already got the welcoming letter from NVC (actually he did, my mother-in-law got my copy of the letter to her email but I didn't received the original letter) and we've started the NVC process. We have almost all the documents collected, I choose the agent (sadly I chose my dad who is here in Czech republic with me, we didn't know it has to be somebody in US) and we paid the AOS fee online. In the instructions there is said that you have to pay the AOS fee and IV application processing fee before you can fill the IV application but when I go to the Consular Electronic Application Center there is written that the AOS fee is PAID and on the line of IV fee there is written in red PAY NOW but when you click on it, you simply can't pay it. From what I read here on the forum we should submit some documents to the NVC first and then it will allow you to pay it or what am I supposed to do now? We haven't submitted any documents yet. Only thing we did was choosing agent and paying the AOS fee. What are we supposed to do next? My mother in law is trying to call the NVC but she can't reach them. Thank you for your reply! I'm kind of getting desperate.

Comment

Change your agent to someone in the U.S.

The visa application fee of $325 should be payable about a week after the DS-261 (agent form) is submitted.

After the $325 fee is paid, a few days later, you will be able to complete the online DS-260.

--Ray B

Originally posted by medusska View Post
                      Hello,

I would like to ask. I have American husband, I'm Czech, we already got the welcoming letter from NVC (actually he did, my mother-in-law got my copy of the letter to her email but I didn't received the original letter) and we've started the NVC process. We have almost all the documents collected, I choose the agent (sadly I chose my dad who is here in Czech republic with me, we didn't know it has to be somebody in US) and we paid the AOS fee online. In the instructions there is said that you have to pay the AOS fee and IV application processing fee before you can fill the IV application but when I go to the Consular Electronic Application Center there is written that the AOS fee is PAID and on the line of IV fee there is written in red PAY NOW but when you click on it, you simply can't pay it. From what I read here on the forum we should submit some documents to the NVC first and then it will allow you to pay it or what am I supposed to do now? We haven't submitted any documents yet. Only thing we did was choosing agent and paying the AOS fee. What are we supposed to do next? My mother in law is trying to call the NVC but she can't reach them. Thank you for your reply! I'm kind of getting desperate.

Comment

I chose the agent (my dad) like three weeks ago and then we could pay the AOS fee after like 6 days but the AOS fee (it was 120 dollars) is paid for at least another week but we still can't pay the IV application fee. So I can change the agent now, is it possible, won't there be any problem or some big delay? Anyway thank you so much for responding! I really appreacite it!

Change your agent to someone in the U.S.

The visa application fee of $325 should be payable about a week after the DS-261 (agent form) is submitted.

After the $325 fee is paid, a few days later, you will be able to complete the online DS-260.

--Ray B

Comment

Change the agent to someone in the U.S. now.

The $325 fee will be allowed sooner or later, usually within a couple of weeks. The NVC has held back allowing the fee for some software problem at its end.

--Ray B

Originally posted by medusska View Post
                          I chose the agent (my dad) like three weeks ago and then we could pay the AOS fee after like 6 days but the AOS fee (it was 120 dollars) is paid for at least another week but we still can't pay the IV application fee. So I can change the agent now, is it possible, won't there be any problem or some big delay? Anyway thank you so much for responding! I really appreacite it!

Comment

OK, gonna do it now. Thank you so much for your very quick responses! I also read some of your replies here to some other people that they had to pay the AOS fee and send some of the documents (sponsorships docs) first and then they could pay the IV application fee and apply for the visa. We are supposed to do the same?

Change the agent to someone in the U.S. now.

The $325 fee will be allowed sooner or later, usually within a couple of weeks. The NVC has held back allowing the fee for some software problem at its end.

--Ray B

Comment

Ray, I am kind of lurking around the forum, but now have a need to specifically ask a question.

So I am sponsoring my dad, AOS fee has been paid. I have filled out I864EZ, does have previous year Tax transcripts, W2, employment letter etc...

Question, should I submit all these documents(I864EZ, Tax Transcripts, W2 etc...) to NVC first before IV application or my dad will submit them along with "Document Cover Sheet" and other pertinent docs? If it helps, I have already declared him as the agent.

Thanks in advance for your help and guidance.
                              Last edited by maverickfhs; 04-21-2015, 01:24 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X