Requesting Visa Interview for aged out child in F4 category

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Requesting Visa Interview for aged out child in F4 category

Hello. My uncle filed immigration petition for our family whose date is current now and my parents and sister have gotten the interview call. I have not received the interview call since I am aged out. I was less than 21 when petition was filed in 2003 and just turned 21 in 2010 when petition was approved. As of right now, my age as per CSPA is 22 years. I am unmarried and not dependent on my parents and living in USA on H1 visa. My question is if there is any way I can request to be part of interview process for GC as well?

Originally posted by jay_cali View Post
    I was less than 21 when petition was filed in 2003 and just turned 21 in 2010 when petition was approved. As of right now, my age as per CSPA is 22 years. ... My question is if there is any way I can request to be part of interview process for GC as well?
    Assuming your math is correct: no, you're getting left behind. Check your math again to make sure

Comment

I'm on the F3 category, petition filed when I was 16 (2006) and approved on 2007. I went to the interview with my parent on november 2017. My parents got approved for a visa, as for me they put my case on administrative processing because they needed another confirmation from USCIS (i think).

He gave me my passport back and told me to wait for an answer from the embassy.

Comment

Originally posted by ADRENiBAL View Post
        I'm on the F3 category, petition filed when I was 16 (2006) and approved on 2007. I went to the interview with my parent on november 2017. My parents got approved for a visa, as for me they put my case on administrative processing because they needed another confirmation from USCIS (i think).

He gave me my passport back and told me to wait for an answer from the embassy.
        You will not qualify under CSPA, if your parents' petition was approved in 2007. The application was filed in 2006 and was approved in 2007. So you get an extension of 1 yr. under CSPA i.e., you will be counted as being under 21, up to 1 yr. after you turn 21. You turned 22 in 2012 and hence aged out of CSPA.
        Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by scientist2016 View Post
          You will not qualify under CSPA, if your parents' petition was approved in 2007. The application was filed in 2006 and was approved in 2007. So you get an extension of 1 yr. under CSPA i.e., you will be counted as being under 21, up to 1 yr. after you turn 21. You turned 22 in 2012 and hence aged out of CSPA.
          It’s a bit complicated. If that’s the case they shouldn’t have schedule an interview for me in the first place. I’ll let you know how this will end.

Comment

did u get the visa?

It’s a bit complicated. If that’s the case they shouldn’t have schedule an interview for me in the first place. I’ll let you know how this will end.
            did u get the visa?

Comment

Originally posted by jay_cali View Post
              Hello. My uncle filed immigration petition for our family whose date is current now and my parents and sister have gotten the interview call. I have not received the interview call since I am aged out. I was less than 21 when petition was filed in 2003 and just turned 21 in 2010 when petition was approved. As of right now, my age as per CSPA is 22 years. I am unmarried and not dependent on my parents and living in USA on H1 visa. My question is if there is any way I can request to be part of interview process for GC as well?
              I am not that familiar with this topic but I read of someone in Chicago who had a similar situation. USCIS said the person had aged out, then she reached out to her senator and the case was reopened, rectified and approved in no time.

I would triple check your math and reach out to your Senator.

Comment

Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
                I am not that familiar with this topic but I read of someone in Chicago who had a similar situation. USCIS said the person had aged out, then she reached out to her senator and the case was reopened, rectified and approved in no time.

I would triple check your math and reach out to your Senator.
                I am also in a similar situation. I am going to age out in 2 months and my case is still not current yet. Can you please share some more details about the ageout situation that was approved when the person reached out to a senator.

Comment

Originally posted by Amritpal Pabla View Post
                  I am also in a similar situation. I am going to age out in 2 months and my case is still not current yet. Can you please share some more details about the ageout situation that was approved when the person reached out to a senator.
                  I just tried to find it and couldn't. There is a lot of information out there. I would make sure you are calculating correctly with the CSPA calculator and reach out to your senator ASAP. Seek a free or paid consultation with an immigration attorney.

Comment

Hey did you get visa after administrative process?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X