Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-130 November Filers

Hello,

Me and my wife filed an I-130 in November 2017 with assistance from a Lawyer. We are very eager to hear something in terms of status but have not heard anything. It has been almost 6 months and we have not been given any updates. I haven't received any emails or mail or phone calls ( I am sure I haven't missed anything since my lawyer receives the information as well) and we are desperate to hear something so we can have an Idea of what the timeline looks like. I called USCIS and have spoken to several other lawyers who give me the same time range ( 9-10/12 Months from start to finish). Being that it has almost been 6 months I realize that there is still a full 3 months until we arrive at the minimum amount of that time-frame but should we have expected to hear something already? Just a recap:

I-130 Spouse of US Citizen

Filed on 11/17

Handled by Nebraska Office

Currently Waited almost 6 months.

any help of anyone else who filed in november would be appreciated!

I applied at 12/27 I only received 797c and a receipt number. 5 months past still no answer

Comment

Originally posted by plus19 View Post
      I applied at 12/27 I only received 797c and a receipt number. 5 months past still no answer
      So we are in the same boat. Did you do an I-130 outside of the US?

Comment

My husband and I are with the Phoenix office. Our case was received on September 5th, the I-130 was approved and sent to the NVC on March 23rd, and finally today we received our welcome letter from the NVC. Its been a long wait for everything but unfortunately that seems to be the norm for almost everyone.

Comment

I-130 November 2017

Originally posted by lacymorgan View Post
          My husband and I are with the Phoenix office. Our case was received on September 5th, the I-130 was approved and sent to the NVC on March 23rd, and finally today we received our welcome letter from the NVC. Its been a long wait for everything but unfortunately that seems to be the norm for almost everyone.

Thank you for the info and your response. I have seen from other forums that I-130s filed in 17' are taking on average 6 or 7 months. I am guessing the whole process will take an average of 10 months. 6/7 for approval and 3-4 for interview. Please keep me posted on your journey

Comment

Originally posted by beachboy54 View Post
            Thank you for the info and your response. I have seen from other forums that I-130s filed in 17' are taking on average 6 or 7 months. I am guessing the whole process will take an average of 10 months. 6/7 for approval and 3-4 for interview. Please keep me posted on your journey
            About the same for me. We filed November 2/17 and got our approval of I-130 on June 14/18. Now we are awaiting the welcome letter from the NVC. Hope you get yours soon as well!

Comment

I have a concern, and I am lost a little bit. If you anyone can tell me what to do. I am green card holder, and I filed the petition for my spouse, and it has been approved recently. the Next step is NVC. My spouse when he was born he had four names on his birth certificate (one first name, one last name, and two middle names). Later on when he grew up he never used one of his middle name, so all the documents such as our marriage certificate, his passport, etc. shows only three names (one first name, one last name, and one of the middle names). When I filed the petition I-130 I used the 3 names as reflected in the marriage certificate and passport etc. I didn't include the second middle name in the I-130 and I-130A. My concern is since his birth certificate shows four names, what can I do when I will fill out the DS-260, and when is going to be the time to submit document with the birth certificate. Can you guide me please!!! Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Hola2020 View Post
                I have a concern, and I am lost a little bit. If you anyone can tell me what to do. I am green card holder, and I filed the petition for my spouse, and it has been approved recently. the Next step is NVC. My spouse when he was born he had four names on his birth certificate (one first name, one last name, and two middle names). Later on when he grew up he never used one of his middle name, so all the documents such as our marriage certificate, his passport, etc. shows only three names (one first name, one last name, and one of the middle names). When I filed the petition I-130 I used the 3 names as reflected in the marriage certificate and passport etc. I didn't include the second middle name in the I-130 and I-130A. My concern is since his birth certificate shows four names, what can I do when I will fill out the DS-260, and when is going to be the time to submit document with the birth certificate. Can you guide me please!!! Thanks in advance.
                My answer might not be fully correct or completed, but I do remember there is a place on the form where you enter if you spouse has a former name, maybe you want to enter his full name on the birth certificate there ? since your case is a bit confusing, maybe you want to speak to an experience immigration lawyer. I think you need to provide the birth certificate for the NVC process. Please correct me if i am wrong. good luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X