Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birth of child, visa tourist expiring soon and nvc process just beginning

Hi everyone,

Here is the situation: I am a french married with a US citizen (date: march 25th 2019) as I was under a tourist visa. Having a job in my home country I cam back and forth between the USA and France in order to see my wife. We started visa processing for a CR-1 in May 2019. Our I-130 has been approved in January and sent to NVC in January 16th and we are now waiting for the process to start (as a consular process). In order to spend time with my wife who's pregnant and due for May 12th, I cam back in the USA under a tourist visa in November 1st 2019. The CBP officer granted me the entry until April 30th 2020 (6 month, as the tourist visa allows). I plan to come back to France to do the interview at the consulate and then return to USA with a CR-1 visa. I am now afraid the NVC will not have processed our case in time for me to re-enter USA under the CR-1 visa before the birth of our baby.

Can the NVC make our case expedite ? And if not, can I get out of USA before the end of my stay (April 30th 2020) and come back to reboot my visa for 6 new month ?

Thanks for your replies.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X