Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 60 day immigration ban

Hi everyone,

I have a question about the new immigration ban. My parents' immigration visa is expiring may 20. They can't travel to the USA because the country is in full lockdown because if Covid 19. My question is how likely will the embassy issue another visa? Also how does the 60 day ban impact them?

That depends on what type of visa your parents applied for. In addition there are two things that affect the answer.
    First, realize that the visa expiring may be extended if you were not able to use it beyond circumstances in your control (as per FAM rules). You will have to contact the embassy and ask for an extension. Secondly, the 60-day affects applicants in different ways. If they already have a visa, then they are exempt because the ban only applies to those who don't currently have a visa. Next, the ban affects certain classes of visas but not all. So, if you tell us which visa type it is, we can further assist you.
    --Good luck--
    Good luck. I learned the hard way, I hope you don't have to. Immigration is interesting. Not considered as legal advice.

Comment

Thanks for replying.

They have an immigrant/green cardcard visa(my brother sponsored them). They already have the visa which expires May 20th.
      The information online is not very detailed and the embassy is not issuing any immigration visas unless they are immediate family members.

Parents are not considered immediate family so I guess we'll just have to hope this ban doesn't get extended after the 60 days

Comment

You say green card visa? Did you mean an immigrant visa? if their visa is expired, they can ask for re-issuance of the visa from the consulate. But they will have to wait until the embassy reopens.
        --Good luck--
        Good luck. I learned the hard way, I hope you don't have to. Immigration is interesting. Not considered as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X