Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mumbai consulate scheduling interviews for IR5 (Parent of a U.S. citizen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AlienKanpur View Post

Dear AutisticManChild,
    Technically and also practically, only the US visa is required for entry. 99.99 percent, only passport will be needed. Medical report is already uploaded and obviously one cannot carry the same. However, all of us who entered USA on the Immigrant visa carried all the originals which we took at the time of interview. One can never predict what the border control person may ask for. Technically they have the right to examine all the supporting documents. But so far, no one has ever reported in this forum about any such issue. Best wishes.
    That's good to know. Thank you!

Comment

• Originally posted by kjr View Post
      Hello forum members,

I hope you are doing well. I recently encountered an issue while submitting my I-864 form, along with the required tax documents and proof of citizenship. After successfully uploading the additional requested documents, I encountered a problem with the submission process. Specifically, when I click on the 'Submit Documents' button, nothing happens.

I am seeking your assistance in resolving this issue. If any of you have experienced a similar problem or have insights on how to overcome it, I would greatly appreciate your guidance. Your support and advice would be immensely valuable to me. Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.
      ​​​
      I found the reason why I was not able to click the submit button after uploading Joint-Sponsor's documents. I need to upload all documents for both sponsor/petitioner and joint-sponsor, then system allows to 'Submit'.

Comment

• I saw link for a google doc to track IR5 application process. However, I dont think many people update it. Is there a way to know like what date is currently being processed at Mumbai consulate. My parents application was DQ date is May 2nd, can I expect that they would get their interview letter somewhere November/December with a interview date in Jan/Feb 2024?

Comment

• Originally posted by bharath23 View Post
          I saw link for a google doc to track IR5 application process. However, I dont think many people update it. Is there a way to know like what date is currently being processed at Mumbai consulate. My parents application was DQ date is May 2nd, can I expect that they would get their interview letter somewhere November/December with a interview date in Jan/Feb 2024?
          bharath23 The DQ date last got their IL was December 4th on May 24th and he got interview date for July 27th. So I anticipate if your DQ date is May 2nd you can expect to get IL around Nov/Dec for Jan/Feb interview. This month and next month is student visa rush period so itll be slow on IR5 but next month it'll pick back up on the speed so it could even be earlier than that.
          Follow this to keep updated. We also have Whats-App group starting so feel free to put you ph number in this document to be part of the chat.

IR5 Name,TYPE,DQ DATE,STATUS,Interview Location ,INTERVIEW NOTIFICATION,INTERVIEW DATE,NOTES,Ph Number for Whatsapp Group,@ Niraj (Father),Sponsor,1/4/2023,Completed,Mumbai,6/14/2023,8/7/2023,Both parents scheduled together. Vikas,Sponsor,1/11/2023,Awaited Vijay (father),Sponsor,1/17/2023,Comp...
          Last edited by kannansandesh; 06-05-2023, 10:03 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bharath23 View Post
            I saw link for a google doc to track IR5 application process. However, I dont think many people update it. Is there a way to know like what date is currently being processed at Mumbai consulate. My parents application was DQ date is May 2nd, can I expect that they would get their interview letter somewhere November/December with a interview date in Jan/Feb 2024?
            Same. My parents DQ date is May 23rd.. Expecting interview in Jan/Feb as per trend.

Comment

• URGENT HELP NEEDED
              parents had interview on March 16, 2020, cancelled because of covid.
              did their fingerprints in March 2020.
              now have their interview appointment on June 30, 2023, do they also need to do their fingerprints again?
              on USTravel docs step 7 asks if fingerprints completed before April 2020? i said yes took me straight to consular appt scheduling
              letter from embassy said to make 2 appoints vac and consular.
              If anyone has been through something similar please HELP​

Comment

• Originally posted by Jannat93 View Post
                URGENT HELP NEEDED
                parents had interview on March 16, 2020, cancelled because of covid.
                did their fingerprints in March 2020.
                now have their interview appointment on June 30, 2023, do they also need to do their fingerprints again?
                on USTravel docs step 7 asks if fingerprints completed before April 2020? i said yes took me straight to consular appt scheduling
                letter from embassy said to make 2 appoints vac and consular.
                If anyone has been through something similar please HELP​
                Yup.. Fingerprint appointment required.

Comment

• Thanks for the reply
                  but the question says before april 2020? When i said yes
                  it doesnt let me make vac appointment
                  so how to make vac appointment

Comment

• I had my interview yesterday, it was a easy go event, we were taken in at 7.15 am, and I was out by 8.40 am with visa granted. Few questions like as follows were asked:
                    1. Name of my daughter
                    2. when she went to US
                    3. Date of her marriage
                    4. what is she doing
                    5. If we had stayed for more than one year in any country except India
                    5. name of my son in law
                    6. where is your daughter right now

so that was it, my earlier visitor visa were cancelled, and they said you will receive passport within 10 days.
                    staff was very courteous and very friendly.

Thanks to all for providing valuable inputs as and when required earlier 🙏

Comment

• How much it costs for medical at Gandhinagar Apolo for parents apart from 6900. Meaning if need to take other vaccines and how much extra if need to go for Sputum test.

Comment

• Originally posted by vapIR5 View Post
                        I had my interview yesterday, it was a easy go event, we were taken in at 7.15 am, and I was out by 8.40 am with visa granted. Few questions like as follows were asked:
                        1. Name of my daughter
                        2. when she went to US
                        3. Date of her marriage
                        4. what is she doing
                        5. If we had stayed for more than one year in any country except India
                        5. name of my son in law
                        6. where is your daughter right now

so that was it, my earlier visitor visa were cancelled, and they said you will receive passport within 10 days.
                        staff was very courteous and very friendly.

Thanks to all for providing valuable inputs as and when required earlier 🙏
                        Congratulations 💐

Comment

• Originally posted by Jee_mo View Post
                          How much it costs for medical at Gandhinagar Apolo for parents apart from 6900. Meaning if need to take other vaccines and how much extra if need to go for Sputum test.
                          Approx another 7000 Rs for vaccine

Comment

• Originally posted by vapIR5 View Post

Approx another 7000 Rs for vaccine
                            Thank you..

Comment

• For those who went to pick up elderly parents coming to US on immigrant visa for first time, did you buy a 1 way ticket for yourself from US to India, and then 1 way from India to US with them? Did you have trouble using your US credit card for the 1 way from India to US?
                              Any insight will be much appreciated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aanedo View Post
                                For those who went to pick up elderly parents coming to US on immigrant visa for first time, did you buy a 1 way ticket for yourself from US to India, and then 1 way from India to US with them? Did you have trouble using your US credit card for the 1 way from India to US?
                                Any insight will be much appreciated.
                                Dear Aanedo,
                                If I were you, i would first buy my return ticket from US and back. Then I would buy my parents one way ticket on the same flight as mine. That there will be no issue of your US credit card.
                                best wishes in your endeavours to pick up your elderly parents.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X