Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mumbai consulate scheduling interviews for IR5 (Parent of a U.S. citizen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• js2023
    replied
    kris4850 GeoMac newacct

I am tagging you all in my question as I see that you have posted helpful information regarding tax documents. Would really appreciate your insights on my questions below. Thank you in advance for your time!

1. If the visa interview will be held in March, do we need to file our taxes for 2023 before the interview so that we can submit the tax transcripts for 2023? I have the tax transcripts printed for 2020 through 2022 and my father will be carrying these with him. But does he also need 2023? Or is that needed only if his interview happens after the tax deadline of April 15th?

2. My second question is regarding I-864A. I see that some people were asked for I-864A even though their own income was sufficient and the form I-864 was correctly filled. I also filed only I-864 (since my income is sufficient) but my husband and I file jointly. Hence the total income line and the tax transcripts also reflect his income. To avoid getting 221g for I-864A at the time of interview, I will fill in I-864A and give it to my father along with a copy of my husband's US passport and employment letter. I already have his past 3 years W-2. My question is: should I upload the I-864A and his US passport copy to the portal? Or should I not upload and just sent these with my father when he goes for the interview?

3. Lastly as part of AOS, I had uploaded my tax returns and W-2 but have not uploaded my tax transcripts. I have them printed out and my father will be carrying them. Should I upload the tax transcripts to the portal?

Thanks again for your help!

Leave a comment:

• Sanza
    replied
    Thanks!!! The paystubs were not needed after all! My mom just finished her interview and her IR-5 visa was delayed because they want W2 documents. My husband gets a W2 from his full time job so I’ll be uploading that.

I have a business, so which documents should I upload for myself please? I don’t have any W2 docs at all!

They said to drop off the docs at a VAC locally. Does she have to drop off her passport too?

How soon will my mom get the stamped passport after this?

Thanks!!​

Leave a comment:

• kris4850
    replied
    Originally posted by Sanza View Post
    My mom has her IR 5 green card interview tomorrow. Can you please verify if she needs to take the following?

- my job and my husband’s job paystubs
    - our employment verification letters
    - my original birth certificate (she has a copy but the original is with me!)

I can still email her the paystubs and employment letters so she can print them there.

kindly let me know, thank you!​

Yes, please let her carry the above. Somehow they can't make out the income for both persons (Husband and Wife) from Tax Transcripts. I had to send a I864-A even though my wife is not working and was neither a sponsor. All the best!
    Last edited by kris4850; 01-04-2024, 09:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Sanza
    replied
    My mom has her IR 5 green card interview tomorrow. Can you please verify if she needs to take the following?

- my job and my husband’s job paystubs
    - our employment verification letters
    - my original birth certificate (she has a copy but the original is with me!)

I can still email her the paystubs and employment letters so she can print them there.

kindly let me know, thank you!​

Leave a comment:

• abhishekhawat
    replied
    Originally posted by ButterflyApril View Post

Thank you for the detailed experience, its really helpful.
    My parents are also not fluent in English, so I will be also needing an interpreter for them during IV. Now I'm on NVC stage, for filing DS-260, did you yourself become the agent or did you ask anyone in India to be the agent to fill up the form.

Thanks in advance!
    Hello, Congrats on reaching to this step. I asked my family member in India to fill out the DS-260 form. What I did was, As you try to log into NVC, it will ask if you are the petitioner or the applicant, I asked my family member to login in as applicant via my account and I guided them over the phone while they filled out the form. In the prepare section in the end, I had them put my info. I believe, you can fill out the form your self by just logging in as the applicant but Just in case if the NVC checks the IP address, I didn't want to take chance and so I had the form filled out from my mothers side.
    Best wishes.

Leave a comment:

• OOJOHN
    replied
    Pls upload Aadhaar, school leaving certificate and passport.

Leave a comment:

• Aviask2
    replied
    Hi All,

I read in this forum that, for Parents born before 1970, if birth certificate is not available, we can use other things like school-related documents and affidavits from older relatives. I was wondering if, in addition to these, we can/should also upload copies of Parent's Passport (current/old) and Aadhaar card since these contain date of birth.

Has anyone used these documents in their submission to NVC/Consulate? Please share.

Leave a comment:

• AlienKanpur
    replied
    Originally posted by OOJOHN View Post
    My parents green card documents (IR 5) approved by NVC on 28th November 2023. However I haven’t got any invitation letter from NVC so far for my parents for interviews for Mumbai US consulate. Can anyone tell me, how long typically takes NVC to send invitation letter for medical, biometric and then interview? Thanks
    Dear OOJOHN,
    heartiest Congratulations for your parents getting to the documentary qualified stage. We call this as DQ. The call for interview could take anywhere between 3-6 months. If you are lucky then expect the interview in March. Best wishes. Keep the forum updated so that other people in waiting can have an idea. Best wishes

Leave a comment:

• AlienKanpur
    replied
    Hello everyone,

I applied fro IR-5 for both of my parents, and I received Welcome letter from NVC today. Both of my parents live in New Delhi, but the interview location in CEAC is Mumbai.
    Do my parents need to go to Mumbai for Bio-metrics and Medical as well or can it be done in New Delhi ?

PD: 01/16/23
    USCIS approval: 12/12/23
    NVC Welcome letter: 12/21/23

Thank you!
    Dear ButterflyApril,
    heartiest congratulations for the welcome letter. All interviews for immigration are held exclusively at Mumbai. Biometrics and medical can be done at Delhi. Please keep in mind that the medical must be completed at least one week prior to the interview. The biometrics can be held up to two days prior to the interview. I did my biometrics and medical in May 2022 and interview in June 2022. Best wishes.

Leave a comment:

• OOJOHN
    replied
    My parents green card documents (IR 5) approved by NVC on 28th November 2023. However I haven’t got any invitation letter from NVC so far for my parents for interviews for Mumbai US consulate. Can anyone tell me, how long typically takes NVC to send invitation letter for medical, biometric and then interview? Thanks

Leave a comment:

• NF23
    replied
    Hello everyone,

I applied fro IR-5 for both of my parents, and I received Welcome letter from NVC today. Both of my parents live in New Delhi, but the interview location in CEAC is Mumbai.
    Do my parents need to go to Mumbai for Bio-metrics and Medical as well or can it be done in New Delhi ?

Thank you!

You can do bio and medical in New Delhi

Leave a comment:

• Aviask2
    replied
    Hi All,

I have a question regarding civil documents upload in NVC website for my IR5 applicant Mother (widow). One of the documents listed there is "Photographs". I guess it means the photographs that include both me and my mother throughout the years (correct me if it means something else).

In that case, will it be fine if there are other people in the photograph (many of our photos are with family members/relatives)? Do I need to mark/comment anything for those photographs to identify my mother (or me)?

I am planning to scan all those photographs as a multi-page .pdf file and upload it.

It will be immensely helpful to know what fellow users did regarding the above point.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• ButterflyApril
    replied
    Hello everyone,

Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• rsv2022
    replied
    Originally posted by NF23 View Post

You should go to your nearest SSN office & ask for a duplicate card. Fill out the application form at the SSN office with your current address & then request for a duplicate card. The best time to visit the SSN office post 2 pm, generally office opens at 9 am but most of the time too much rush between 9 am to 1 pm.
    Great ! We will follow your advice. Thanks for you help.

Leave a comment:

• NF23
    replied
    Originally posted by rsv2022 View Post
    Hi,

My in-laws were approved in mid June 2023. My mother in law came to the US in late June 2023. She got her SSN within 30 days and green card within 45 days. We then moved addresses and I filed the AR-11s for both my mother in law and father in law. My father in law came to the US in Oct 2023. His green card came within 30 days, but we have not received his SSN card. Not sure if it went to the old address. We do have a mail forwarding in place.

What should we do? Shold we go to the SSN office report it as lost and ask for a duplicate ?

Any help and advice would be greatly appretiated.

Thanks and regards,
    Ravi

You should go to your nearest SSN office & ask for a duplicate card. Fill out the application form at the SSN office with your current address & then request for a duplicate card. The best time to visit the SSN office post 2 pm, generally office opens at 9 am but most of the time too much rush between 9 am to 1 pm.

Leave a comment:

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X