Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mumbai consulate scheduling interviews for IR5 (Parent of a U.S. citizen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes mumbai consulate is processing. Mine IR5 interview was fixed for 8th April but got cancelled last evening due to scheduling changes.

Comment

Hi Hetal
      Try to login to your account during working hours of mumbai consulate on this:
      Last edited by ceci1073; 04-09-2021, 11:01 AM. Reason: Link

Comment

I have a 2 account. I am trying on both none of them I see any available dates. I checked on India time 9:00am ,12:30pm &4pm .
        Last edited by ceci1073; 04-09-2021, 11:01 AM. Reason: Link

Comment

Hi Hetal
          I also checked up & indeed there are no dates available. I personally feel you should keep trying & grab any slot available due to cancelation. At this moment this seems to be the only way till the consulate comes up with another way to resolve the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by murligolani View Post
            Your case is similar to mine. Please see all my previous posts.
            I have already booked for biometrics at New Delhi on 15th April and interview at Mumbai US consulate on 29th April 2021
            You have to regularly check through your account if any slots are available and immediately book it.
            There are not many dates available.
            Hi, My parents just received letter from NVC that interview is scheduled on May 17 in MUMBAI. They live in delhi. How do I get biometric appointment for delhi and medical exam scheduled for delhi? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by murligolani View Post
              My wife's case for IR5 was documentarily qualified on 12th December 2019. Originally scheduled interview, as conveyed by NVC was 13th April 2020, which was canceled by Mumbai consulate. After receiving email from Mumbai US consulate for further processing on 5th March 2021 , we have fixed dates through our account for biometric at new Delhi on 15th April & interview at Mumbai US consulate on 29th April.
              Hi, My parents just received letter from NVC that interview is scheduled on May 17,2021 in MUMBAI. They live in delhi. How do I get biometric appointment for delhi and medical exam scheduled for delhi? Thanks

Comment

Hi Kemnm
                "Hi, My parents just received letter from NVC that interview is scheduled on May 17,2021 in MUMBAI. They live in delhi. How do I get biometric appointment for delhi and medical exam scheduled for delhi? Thanks"

few questions:
                1. when were they documentarily qualified?
                2. Was there interview cancelled last year due to pandemic after tit was scheduled

Comment

Originally posted by stewie007 View Post
                  Hi Kemnm
                  "Hi, My parents just received letter from NVC that interview is scheduled on May 17,2021 in MUMBAI. They live in delhi. How do I get biometric appointment for delhi and medical exam scheduled for delhi? Thanks"

few questions:
                  2. Was there interview cancelled last year due to pandemic after tit was scheduled
                  Last night I got email from US consulate mumbai informing about canceling the visa interviews from 12th April till May.
                  We will have to wait until we hear from them on restarting the visa interview process

Comment

Originally posted by kemnm View Post

Hi, My parents just received letter from NVC that interview is scheduled on May 17 in MUMBAI. They live in delhi. How do I get biometric appointment for delhi and medical exam scheduled for delhi? Thanks
                    Hi kemnm
                    Can you please inform when was your case documentary qualified by NVC. Mine was documentarily qualified on 12th February 2020 but I have not heard from NVC yet.
                    I will let you know the step by step guide for biometric and medical examination shortly.

Comment

Just to clarify again, my wife's case is with Mumbai consulate for which interview was scheduled on 29th April (now canceled)
                      My own case is DQ in February 2020 & still with NVC.
                      At the moment I feel we should not hurry up for Medical as the reports are valid for 6 months (must be valid till you land in usa). In any case medical appointments are almost walk in.
                      Yes you can get the biometric, appointment for which are easily available even now through your account.

Comment

Originally posted by Hetaldesai View Post
                        I got email on March 5th 2021. I try to schedule an appointment for an interview but I can’t find any open slots. I call every single day to Mumbai consulate to schedule my interview . But as I said there is no empty slots available. Please help. Thank you
                        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I understand that due to Corona outbreak again in Mumbai , All interviews in April & May 2021 are cancelled .
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	2021.04.10- Mumbai Interviews Cancelled.jpg
Views:	4126
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	758579

Comment

Originally posted by kemnm View Post

hi, my parents just received letter from nvc that interview is scheduled on may 17,2021 in mumbai. They live in delhi. How do i get biometric appointment for delhi and medical exam scheduled for delhi? Thanks
                          can you please tell when there case was documentarily qualified

Comment

Originally posted by stewie007 View Post
                            Hi Kemnm

few questions:
                            Hi Kemnm
                            I have the same questions. Can you please post details.
                            Thanks

Comment

For folks waiting on kemnm to respond -- I can share some perspective based on a similar data point (not my own but my friend's parents' case)
                              + Documentarily qualified in Jan 2020
                              + Interview was pending being scheduled during 2020 (i.e. wasn't scheduled and canceled) and received notification on Thu Apr 8 stating interview has been scheduled on May 8 at Mumbai consulate -- however, in the light of the Mumbai consulate shutdown, it would be get canceled

On a different note, I was look at the following twitter thread from the US consulate in India's official a/c -- -- people with family-based immigration cases are writing back asking Mumbai consulate to re-allocate family-based immigrant visa appointments to other consulates in India (eg. New Delhi, Hyderabad, etc). No response from the Twitter handle to these requests per se.

Wondering if anyone has tried and has had success with having an IR5 appointment scheduled at New Delhi?

Last edited by ceci1073; 04-14-2021, 10:17 AM. Reason: Link

Comment

This is Hetal . I am try to reschedule appointment scene last month. No appointment available. Today I checked on ceac.state.gov it’s says my case is expiring soon. Need help. What should I do?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X