Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mumbai consulate scheduling interviews for IR5 (Parent of a U.S. citizen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GeoMac View Post
    For life certificate, I tried several times from various devices like mobiles, iPad, and downloaded the app.However while opening the app, the message shows which I am attaching herewith. Dear members, please advice what should I do.
    Dear GeoMac,
    Good to see you here. I had sent you a private communication. Waiting for your response. Now coming to the pension issue. I tried the same and continue to get the error as mentioned by you. Finally I downloaded the life certificate, went to our banker and he Notorized the forms. I understand that the bank managers have the seal of the Notary. The soft copy of these forms was sent by email and the same has been accepted by my office in India..
    So I am done for both myself and my wife. Best wishes to all persons in the same dilemma.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlienKanpur View Post

Dear GeoMac,
      Good to see you here. I had sent you a private communication. Waiting for your response. Now coming to the pension issue. I tried the same and continue to get the error as mentioned by you. Finally I downloaded the life certificate, went to our banker and he Notorized the forms. I understand that the bank managers have the seal of the Notary. The soft copy of these forms was sent by email and the same has been accepted by my office in India..
      So I am done for both myself and my wife. Best wishes to all persons in the same dilemma.
      Dear AlienKanpur,
      Can you please clarify in detail how you downloaded the life certificate. My in-laws are having the same issue and no resolution to it so far.

Comment

Dear GeoMac,
        Dear AlienKanpur
        I am sorry I could not keep in contact in recent times. In October we were in a cruise and after that I had some sort of muscular pain, which resembled to rheumatic conditions. But after a series of tests and consultations, it is revealed that it was tendonitis of biceps on right side. Now I am alright. I will reply to your private communication soon.
        By the way, please shed some light on the issue of LIFE CERTIFICATE downloading as shanaya has also shown interest to know.
        Last edited by GeoMac; 12-07-2022, 09:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GeoMac View Post

Dear AlienKanpur
          I am sorry I could not keep in contact in recent times. In October we were in a cruise and after that I had some sort of muscular pain, which resembled to rheumatic conditions. But after a series of tests and consultations, it is revealed that it was tendonitis of biceps on right side. Now I am alright. I will reply to your private communication soon.
          By the way, please shed some light on the issue of LIFE CERTIFICATE downloading as shanaya has also shown interest to know.
          Dear GeoMac and Dear Shanaya,
          Generally the life certificates may differ marginally from one Institution to another. However the general format can be found at the link given below:

hopefully this will,work. If not, then you can request some friend of yours to send a soft copy from India. Best wishes

Comment

• Hello.. wanted to share our experience with IR5 interview at Mumbai. we stayed at a service apartment called Ramee Techome, at Khar. It was very nice place and roughly 20 mins (with traffic) to the consulate and the VOC appointment center. The interview went very smooth with no surprises. we are now waiting for the passport after stamping the visa. One thing we missed is taking additional ID while traveling to Mumbai, since the passport is held by the US consulate after interview for visa stamping. Thankfully we had images of the Adhar card, as it is needed at the airport while coming back.
            Does anyone know which courier company handles the delivery of passport? I wanted to call and check with them on the status.

Comment

• Originally posted by anvinjoe View Post
              Hello.. wanted to share our experience with IR5 interview at Mumbai. we stayed at a service apartment called Ramee Techome, at Khar. It was very nice place and roughly 20 mins (with traffic) to the consulate and the VOC appointment center. The interview went very smooth with no surprises. we are now waiting for the passport after stamping the visa. One thing we missed is taking additional ID while traveling to Mumbai, since the passport is held by the US consulate after interview for visa stamping. Thankfully we had images of the Adhar card, as it is needed at the airport while coming back.
              Does anyone know which courier company handles the delivery of passport? I wanted to call and check with them on the status.
              Dear anvinjoe,
              Heartiest Congratulations on the approval of the Immigrant petition. In our case it was Blue dart. While taking the Biometrics appointment you would have opted for the delivery of the passport. I an not sure if calling the courier company would help. You can check the status of the VISA printing and dispatch of the passport on various websites posted in this forum from time to time. In bulk of the cases the passport will reach you within a week from the interview date.
              best wishes.

Comment

• Originally posted by h1bguy80 View Post
                Hi All,

My mother has IR5 interview in Mumbai on Jan 25th at 7.15 am. Can members suggest some very nearby / good hotels for stay? Also given it is very early in the morning, believe we need to be there by 6 a.m? Appreciate any guidance.

Thanks,

AV
                The nearest (walking distance) hotels are Trident and Sofitel. They also give free rides to the Consulate. Another budget hotel is Indiestays. Rest all nearby hotels are not good. Hotel Ibis at the Mumbai airport is good and they also provide rides to the Consulate. Best of luck for your respected mother's interview.

Comment

• Originally posted by h1bguy80 View Post
                  Hi All,

My mother has IR5 interview in Mumbai on Jan 25th at 7.15 am. Can members suggest some very nearby / good hotels for stay? Also given it is very early in the morning, believe we need to be there by 6 a.m? Appreciate any guidance.

Thanks,

AV
                  Dear h1bguy80,
                  Many people have already suggested the hotel. Trident is undoubtedly a very good hotel, with great service. Free pick and drop at the consulate, which is just in the backside of the hotel. One can actually walk up to the consulate. There is no point in going prior to 6.45 am. Ask your mom not to carry any electronics item except one mobile phone. Even smart watches are not allowed inside. The mobile will have to be left outside at a deposit facility. Rs. 50 per item is charged for the same. Most of the details are already posted in this forum several times. Please feel to post your queries if you are unable to find something. Best wishes for the interview on Jan. 25. Wishing a successful adjudication.

Comment

Dear GeoMac and Dear Shanaya,
                    Generally the life certificates may differ marginally from one Institution to another. However the general format can be found at the link given below:

hopefully this will,work. If not, then you can request some friend of yours to send a soft copy from India. Best wishes
                    Dear AlienKanpur,

Thank you for the website but I am not sure how this will work.

Can you please describe the steps from the start to end o the whole process.

Thanks,

Shanaya

Comment

• Originally posted by Shanaya View Post

Dear AlienKanpur,

Thank you for the website but I am not sure how this will work.

Can you please describe the steps from the start to end o the whole process.

Thanks,

Shanaya
                      Dear Shanaya,
                      the process is simple. You can go to the website. The format of the life certificate can be printed. You may strike off the SBI part. Then fill it up, go to your bank Manager. Sign in front of him/her. The bank manager has a seal of the Notory. He will sign and put the stamp. The soft copy of this form can be sent to the concerned office in advance. Hard copies can go in by FedEx / mail.

Comment

Dear Shanaya,
                        the process is simple. You can go to the website. The format of the life certificate can be printed. You may strike off the SBI part. Then fill it up, go to your bank Manager. Sign in front of him/her. The bank manager has a seal of the Notory. He will sign and put the stamp. The soft copy of this form can be sent to the concerned office in advance. Hard copies can go in by FedEx / mail.
                        Dear AlienKanpur,

Awesome. I will follow these steps and let you know how it works out.

Thank you so much for your great explaination.

Comment

• New to this forum but found it very helpful. If I could get some help please or any guidance will be much appreciated. My mom's consular interview was February 1st so we had the medical done last week since I have read other forums that they are requiring sputum test if irregularities are found in Xrays. Unfortunately, my mom had to go through sputum test as well due to the irregularities and Apollo Hospital Gandhinagar said it will take about 56 days for the results to come through.

I checked the visa tracker page for the status of the file and today it said "refused" along with " A U.S. consular officer has adjudicated and refused your visa application. Please follow any instructions provided by the consular officer. If you were informed by the consular officer that your case was refused for administrative processing, your case will remain refused while undergoing such processing. You will receive another adjudication once such processing is complete. Please be advised that the processing time varies and that you will be contacted if additional information is needed. For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV or the website for the Embassy or Consulate at which you made your visa application.
                          For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV."

Does this mean her interview is cancelled? I went to the ​US travel docs website to book VAC appointment, it let me do that but how do I see my consular interview date in there or will it let her reschedule consular interview? Will consulate call us or email with the new appointment?

Thank you in advance for any guidance to the members and the senior members.

Comment

• Originally posted by abbypatel99 View Post
                            New to this forum but found it very helpful. If I could get some help please or any guidance will be much appreciated. My mom's consular interview was February 1st so we had the medical done last week since I have read other forums that they are requiring sputum test if irregularities are found in Xrays. Unfortunately, my mom had to go through sputum test as well due to the irregularities and Apollo Hospital Gandhinagar said it will take about 56 days for the results to come through.

I checked the visa tracker page for the status of the file and today it said "refused" along with " A U.S. consular officer has adjudicated and refused your visa application. Please follow any instructions provided by the consular officer. If you were informed by the consular officer that your case was refused for administrative processing, your case will remain refused while undergoing such processing. You will receive another adjudication once such processing is complete. Please be advised that the processing time varies and that you will be contacted if additional information is needed. For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV or the website for the Embassy or Consulate at which you made your visa application.
                            For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV."

Does this mean her interview is cancelled? I went to the ​US travel docs website to book VAC appointment, it let me do that but how do I see my consular interview date in there or will it let her reschedule consular interview? Will consulate call us or email with the new appointment?

Thank you in advance for any guidance to the members and the senior members.
                            Hi
                            I got my medical done at Rele Clinic, Mumbai. Its website clearly mentions that ' Interview of candidates sent for sputum results is automatically cancelled'. Hence your mother's interview appointment must have got cancelled. What message now you see would be the general message in such cases of interview cancellation. Your case will be reset for rescheduling of fresh interview date after receipt of clear sputum test result from your medical agency. Fortunately my medical test was clear without need of sputum test. I understand that those members who underwent sputum test can provide more insight. Best wishes.

Comment

• Originally posted by AS45 View Post

Hi
                              I got my medical done at Rele Clinic, Mumbai. Its website clearly mentions that ' Interview of candidates sent for sputum results is automatically cancelled'. Hence your mother's interview appointment must have got cancelled. What message now you see would be the general message in such cases of interview cancellation. Your case will be reset for rescheduling of fresh interview date after receipt of clear sputum test result from your medical agency. Fortunately my medical test was clear without need of sputum test. I understand that those members who underwent sputum test can provide more insight. Best wishes.

Thank you AS45 for clarification. It's just frustrating how the process is so cumbersome and makes it harder for people to fill in the blanks and their website seems to be so not helpful at all.

Comment

• Hi, Any update on the IL? My parents are DQed in Jun 2022, kindly respond if someone closeby received the IL. Thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X