Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mumbai consulate scheduling interviews for IR5 (Parent of a U.S. citizen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zakasbanda is your father carrying along 2022 tax returns as well ?

Comment

• Hi,
      A quick question -- how long does it normally take nowadays to get DQed after all documents have been submitted to NVC / CEAC website?
      Thanks!
      Last edited by cahaba; 03-08-2023, 04:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sky12 View Post
        zakasbanda is your father carrying along 2022 tax returns as well ?
        Yes. He is carrying transcripts. My understanding is that - transcripts are preferred than tax returns. I filed my tax returns early this year and to my surprise the 22 transcripts were available in a few days.

If you can not get transcripts, I will still suggest to carry 'Tax returns + W2 + 1099s'

Comment

• Originally posted by Sky12 View Post

Shanya I haven’t filed 2022 tax returns yet ,however, my question is that is 2022 tax return required? If yes, than I can file it and upload to CEAC site before the interview.
          Can you please point me to a page (or other info) that says you can continue to upload documents on CEAC, even after your case is DQ'ed?
          Last edited by zakasbanda; 03-08-2023, 04:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by zakasbanda View Post

Can you please point me to a page (or other info) that says you can continue to upload documents on CEAC, even after your case is DQ'ed?
            I do not where it is listed on website, but that is what I did for my parents when they went for their interview on January 24, 2023 and they were not asked for any tax documents or employment letter since I have uploaded them on CEAC site. And they also carried hard copies themselves as well. So it is up to you what you want to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by cahaba View Post
              Hi,
              A quick question -- how long does it normally take nowadays to get DQed after all documents have been submitted to NVC / CEAC website?
              Thanks!
              Average time is 2-3 months after all the documents get submitted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shanaya View Post

Average time is 2-3 months after all the documents get submitted.
                Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shanaya View Post

I do not where it is listed on website, but that is what I did for my parents when they went for their interview on January 24, 2023 and they were not asked for any tax documents or employment letter since I have uploaded them on CEAC site. And they also carried hard copies themselves as well. So it is up to you what you want to do.
                  Just to clarify - My father is DQ'ed and has an interview scheduled. Can I still upload new documents on ceac site?
                  Last edited by zakasbanda; 03-12-2023, 02:00 AM.

Comment

• Would appreciate your inputs. My mom's priority date is Aug 13 2021, and DQ date is September 16, 2022. Has anyone gotten Interview letters for similar dates? Do we know until what DQ dates the ILs have been scheduled? Are ILs being sent in order of DQ dates, or are there other factors that determine this?

Comment

• [QUOTE=veeranj;n795818]Would appreciate your inputs. My mom's priority date is Aug 13 2021, and DQ date is September 16,

Sep1 DQ date recd IL for interview in April last week. You may expect IL in next lot, by March end. Posssible interview date mid-May

Comment

• Originally posted by zakasbanda View Post

Just to clarify - My father is DQ'ed and has an interview scheduled. Can I still upload new documents on ceac site?
                        Yes You can.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aviask2 View Post
                          Hi All,

My Mother (widow) does not have certificates for her birth or marriage. So, she will submit supporting documents including affidavits from older relatives. Should she do a self-affidavit for her birth/marriage as well? Or, is that completely redundant?

Thanks.

Any applicant born before 1970, birth certificate is considered "Not Available" for India. So recent passport/Aadhar/school leaving certificate/affidavit is ok to submit and carry along for interview. Marriage certificate is more necessary for fathers but mothers it is not necessary. I am having my mom (widow too) take her pension certificate and my father's death certificate to interview just in case.

Comment

• Hello Friends

Do you know how you get a document translated (to english) in India?

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by kannansandesh View Post

Any applicant born before 1970, birth certificate is considered "Not Available" for India. .
                              Alternate Documents: If an individual is born after April 1, 1970 and is unable to obtain a birth certificate, the individual must obtain a certificate of non-availability from the local authorities with jurisdiction over their place of birth. In addition to a non-availability certificate, the following documents can be accepted as secondary evidence:
                              • School-leaving Certificate (document provided to students when they cease attending a particular school, be it public or private),
                              • Matriculation Certificate,
                              • Certificate of Recognized Boards from the school last attended by the applicant (Boards are exams)
                              • A notarized affidavit executed by either a parent, if living, or another close relative older than the applicant. This affidavit should clearly state the relationship between the deponent and the applicant, how well the deponent knows the applicant, the date and place of the applicant's birth, the names of both parents, and any other related facts. If the applicant has no living relatives that witnessed their birth, a self-attested affidavit detailing their knowledge of the facts of their birth may be accepted.

Comment

• Thank you so much. My mother was born before 1970.

Per India specific documents guideline,
                                Available: For persons born after April 1, 1970, birth certificates are available. For persons born prior to April 1, 1970, birth certificates are considered unavailable.​
                                Alternate Documents: If an individual is born AFTER April 1, 1970 and is unable to obtain a birth certificate, the individual must obtain a certificate of non-availability from the local authorities with jurisdiction over their place of birth. In addition to a non-availability certificate, the following documents can be accepted as secondary evidence:
                                • School-leaving Certificate (document provided to students when they cease attending a particular school, be it public or private),
                                • Matriculation Certificate,
                                • Certificate of Recognized Boards from the school last attended by the applicant (Boards are exams)
                                • A notarized affidavit executed by either a parent, if living, or another close relative older than the applicant. This affidavit should clearly state the relationship between the deponent and the applicant, how well the deponent knows the applicant, the date and place of the applicant's birth, the names of both parents, and any other related facts. If the applicant has no living relatives that witnessed their birth, a self-attested affidavit detailing their knowledge of the facts of their birth may be accepted.

Since my mother was born in 1961, not sure if certificate of non-availability applies to her? I summited her school leaving certificate to NVC and got DQed.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X