Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mumbai consulate scheduling interviews for IR5 (Parent of a U.S. citizen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AlienKanpur View Post

Yes, they have a manned cubicle. They charge Rs. 50 for every item that is deposited and they give you a token. Avoid taking too many electronic items. Even an iwatch will have be left behind.
    best wishes
    Thank you for the very quick and detailed response!

Comment

Dear DD299,
      Heartiest congratulations, that your parents are with you. We were both lucky as our medical reports were all clear. But there are several cases in this forum who had to go through the sputum test in India and again in USA.
      Your GC is already approved. These tests will not delay the arrival of the GC which can take anywhere from 35 to 90 days after entering US. The SSN would have already reached.
      The tracking site has already been mentioned by another senior member of the forum Atmakur61 in the post number 3375. You will,just need the receipt number for the 220 dollar fee starting with LIN.
      Best wishes

Thank you very much for your quick response.

Comment

• My mother finally got her interview letter for May (DQ Sept 2022). Since there is no one else to take her, I am making a trip to accompany her. A couple of questions and would much appreciate guidance.

1. After the interview and God willing her visa gets approved, how long does it take to get the stamped passport back by BlueDart. We are in Chennai. Since I cannot take many days off, I am trying to figure out, if I can stay and bring her back or if I should make another trip, it would take a few weeks to get the stamped passport back.
        2. How long does the interview take? Her interview is at 8:00. I read on this forum that the process takes about an hour, so will we be done by noon? Again, I am trying to figure out if we need to stay overnight the day of interview. We will be going to Mumbai the night before.
        3.How much longer after approval does she have to enter the US?

Thanks much for all your help.

Comment

• Originally posted by veeranj View Post
          My mother finally got her interview letter for May (DQ Sept 2022). Since there is no one else to take her, I am making a trip to accompany her. A couple of questions and would much appreciate guidance.
          1. After the interview and God willing her visa gets approved, how long does it take to get the stamped passport back by BlueDart. We are in Chennai. Since I cannot take many days off, I am trying to figure out, if I can stay and bring her back or if I should make another trip, it would take a few weeks to get the stamped passport back.
          2. How long does the interview take? Her interview is at 8:00. I read on this forum that the process takes about an hour, so will we be done by noon? Again, I am trying to figure out if we need to stay overnight the day of interview. We will be going to Mumbai the night before.
          Dear veeranj
          Congratulations for getting IL for your Mom.
          The interview takes hardly 20 minutes, however if we count the waiting time in the interview hall, she will come out of the consulate in about one and half hour. After the interview is over and visa approved, the passport will arrive in 5-6 days maximum. Then you will have to pay a fee of $220 online. Then travel to the US.
          But before visa interview,Important is the Medical check up. In many cases it is seen that if they find any abnormality in chest x-ray like haziness or fibrosis (sign of old healed tb), they advice sputum test. If this happens then it will delay the medical report. Sputum report will take 60 days. After the report is submitted by the medical facility to the consulate, new interview date has to be taken by the beneficiary.
          I wish and hope that this situation (sputum test) does not come. What I would advice you that do not make your travel plans now until the medicals and biometrics are over.

Comment

My mother finally got her interview letter for May (DQ Sept 2022). Since there is no one else to take her, I am making a trip to accompany her. A couple of questions and would much appreciate guidance.

Hello veeranj,

Geomac has already provided detailed answer. I would add following:

1. You can leave Mumbai on the same day of interview as you can get passport at Chennai by courier service.
            2. Your mother has to enter USA within 6 months from the date of Medical check up or within 3 months from the result of the sputum test if any.

Best wishes.

Comment

• Originally posted by V1V2S View Post
              AS45 Thanks a lot AS45. Happy to hear that you are living in California. Me and my wife are retired Govt. servants. As per your guidance we will proceed to apply Medi-Cal in California. Can we apply now or we have to wait for getting SSN? We have proof of our income like, last year's tax return copies and bank statements. Have a Good Day😀
              As identity and place of residence are needed to be confirmed, you wait for SSN to arrive which should be received within 15 days of arrival. The arrival stamp on your passport would serve as green card till you receive actual green card which normally takes upto 40 to 90 days. Both are needed for Medi-Cal. You can apply in person at your county or on phone at covered California customer center or online. All options are quite smooth and user friendly. Best wishes

Comment

• Hi Friends

My father's visa arrived and it says - “UPON ENDORSEMENT SERVES AS TEMPORARY I-551 EVIDENCING PERMANENT RESIDENCE FOR 1 YEAR.”

Do all immigrant visas have that line? What does it mean?

As always
                Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by zakasbanda View Post
                  Hi Friends

My father's visa arrived and it says - “UPON ENDORSEMENT SERVES AS TEMPORARY I-551 EVIDENCING PERMANENT RESIDENCE FOR 1 YEAR.”

As always
                  Thanks
                  Hi Sir,
                  Congratulations! is common endorsement for all first time immigrant visas. It serves as Permanent Resident of US. When enter US you will be issued a Green Card for 10 years from the date of your entry into US. Nothing to worry. Welcome to USA.

Comment

• Originally posted by AS45 View Post

As identity and place of residence are needed to be confirmed, you wait for SSN to arrive which should be received within 15 days of arrival. The arrival stamp on your passport would serve as green card till you receive actual green card which normally takes upto 40 to 90 days. Both are needed for Medi-Cal. You can apply in person at your county or on phone at covered California customer center or online. All options are quite smooth and user friendly. Best wishes
                    Thanks a lot🙏

Comment

• Originally posted by zakasbanda View Post
                      Hi Friends

As always
                      Thanks
                      Heartiest Congratulations zakasbanda. Now plan for your Dad's departure from India. remember to pay the $220 fee, a few days prior to departure from India. The receipt number that you get subsequently will be required for checking the Green card status. Best wishes

Comment

• Originally posted by GeoMac View Post
                        Dear veeranj
                        Congratulations for getting IL for your Mom.
                        The interview takes hardly 20 minutes, however if we count the waiting time in the interview hall, she will come out of the consulate in about one and half hour. After the interview is over and visa approved, the passport will arrive in 5-6 days maximum. Then you will have to pay a fee of $220 online. Then travel to the US.
                        But before visa interview,Important is the Medical check up. In many cases it is seen that if they find any abnormality in chest x-ray like haziness or fibrosis (sign of old healed tb), they advice sputum test. If this happens then it will delay the medical report. Sputum report will take 60 days. After the report is submitted by the medical facility to the consulate, new interview date has to be taken by the beneficiary.
                        I wish and hope that this situation (sputum test) does not come. What I would advice you that do not make your travel plans now until the medicals and biometrics are over.
                        Thank you so much GeoMac for your detailed response. My mother had her medical exam done already on March 22nd. Her interview is on May 9th. She was not asked to go for any additional tests by Apollo Hospitals in Chennai. If she has to undergo Sputum test, would the hospital let her know or would the consulate? Is she in the clear or is it likely we get asked to go for sputum tests?

She has biometric scheduled for April 30th.

Comment

• Originally posted by AS45 View Post

Hello veeranj,

Geomac has already provided detailed answer. I would add following:

1. You can leave Mumbai on the same day of interview as you can get passport at Chennai by courier service.
                          2. Your mother has to enter USA within 6 months from the date of Medical check up or within 3 months from the result of the sputum test if any.

Best wishes.
                          Thank you AS45 - appreciate the guidance on her travel to the US.

Comment

Thank you so much GeoMac for your detailed response. My mother had her medical exam done already on March 22nd. Her interview is on May 9th. She was not asked to go for any additional tests by Apollo Hospitals in Chennai. If she has to undergo Sputum test, would the hospital let her know or would the consulate? Is she in the clear or is it likely we get asked to go for sputum tests?

Dear veeranj,
                            heartiest congratulations. If she was not asked to go for the sputum test by the Apollo Hospital, then it means that all is clear. Now do not worry about any further medical tests. All done. Biometrics is a very routine process and takes barely 15 minutes. Best wishes for the interview.

Comment

Dear veeranj,
                              heartiest congratulations. If she was not asked to go for the sputum test by the Apollo Hospital, then it means that all is clear. Now do not worry about any further medical tests. All done. Biometrics is a very routine process and takes barely 15 minutes. Best wishes for the interview.
                              Thank you very much AlienKanpur!

Comment

Dear veeranj
                                Medical was done and the hospital did not ask for Sputum that means she has cleared her Medical. Now no more to do pertaining to medical. The report has been sent directly to the consulate. Now you can plan your visit to India for say a week, take your mom to consulate for interview, return back to Chennai the same day and wait for passport. When passport arrives, pay the green card fee ($220) and fly back to the US along with your mom (provided you have booked her flight along with your return flight) Keep the payment receipt of $220 handy. It may be needed to show to the immigration officer on port of entry. It would be on safer side to book one way ticket only. Also take a health insurance or travel insurance for 3 months from India to cover her medical expenses. Once she receives her Green Card (40 to 90 days) you can apply for insurance in America.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X