Interviews for EB1 visa in mumbai consulate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on my medical test at Apollo Chennai-
    We (Wife, son and myself) had our appointment (12 August) at Apollo Chennai at 9:00am, we arrived at 8:15am. We were taken to the 4th floor, we provided the COVID results, copies of the passports and originals, copy of the interview letter and copies of the DS 260. We were asked to fill up a few other forms. If you are above 44 years (need to double check the exact age) you don't need blood and urine test. My son had it. The rest of the tests include eye, hearing and x-ray. After that we met with the doctor, who checked on our BP, and physical check (tummy check). The doctor would review all your vaccinations, anything that was not done will be administered on the same day. Better eat and have your vaccinations. After the vaccinations, they would give you the X-ray images in a CD and you are done. That's it. Since I had some contacts at the hospital the entire process was done and completed by 10:30am.

Comment

• Originally posted by krishnanks View Post
      Update on my medical test at Apollo Chennai-
      We (Wife, son and myself) had our appointment (12 August) at Apollo Chennai at 9:00am, we arrived at 8:15am. We were taken to the 4th floor, we provided the COVID results, copies of the passports and originals, copy of the interview letter and copies of the DS 260. We were asked to fill up a few other forms. If you are above 44 years (need to double check the exact age) you don't need blood and urine test. My son had it. The rest of the tests include eye, hearing and x-ray. After that we met with the doctor, who checked on our BP, and physical check (tummy check). The doctor would review all your vaccinations, anything that was not done will be administered on the same day. Better eat and have your vaccinations. After the vaccinations, they would give you the X-ray images in a CD and you are done. That's it. Since I had some contacts at the hospital the entire process was done and completed by 10:30am.
      Thats great. Please keep us updated on how your interview goes.

Comment

Update on my medical test at Apollo Chennai-
        Thats great. Even our’s was 9, and we have gone through the same process. We wrapped up around 2 pm. All the best for the interview!

Comment

• Greencard FYI- I was in touch with one of the participants of this group who recently entered the US in the EB1 A category, he mentioned that it took 42 days for him to receive the greencard from the time he entered the US. hope this info is useful.

Comment

• krishnanks - If you get any information about the IL's for EB3's that is DQed for more than a year, please post in this group. That would be very helpful

Comment

• Does anyone know how to check the status once you submit the documents to NVC by mail? like if they have received the documents and processing it?

Comment

• djkhatri1986 Hi there, you will not be able to track the status of the documents that you have submitted to NVC if submitted via mail. I submitted mine via mail to NVC. As of 15 Aug NVC is reviewing documents that were submitted to them as of 5 June 2022. So your documents could be in queue. Once NVC has reviewed your documents, you will receive a letter/email from NVC stating that they have received all the requested documents and you are in the queue awaiting an interview appointment overseas (this is subject to...... if no clarifications were asked). Once you receive this communication from NVC, it means that you are Documently Qualified. Hope this helps.

Comment

djkhatri1986 Hi there, you will not be able to track the status of the documents that you have submitted to NVC if submitted via mail. I submitted mine via mail to NVC. As of 15 Aug NVC is reviewing documents that were submitted to them as of 5 June 2022. So your documents could be in queue. Once NVC has reviewed your documents, you will receive a letter/email from NVC stating that they have received all the requested documents and you are in the queue awaiting an interview appointment overseas (this is subject to...... if no clarifications were asked). Once you receive this communication from NVC, it means that you are Documently Qualified. Hope this helps.

https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...imeframes.html
                  Understood. Thank you so much. Looks Like a wait of 6 to 8 months start now. Best of luck for your interview.

Comment

• I had a successful interview for my IM visa (EB1A), will give you a blow by blow account of it.

Priority date- 21 Oct 2021, DQ- 22 Feb 2022, Interview date- 23 Aug 2022

Our (Wife, son & myself) interview was scheduled on the 23rd August at 8:30am, we stayed at the Sofitel Hotel. We stood in the queue at 7:45am, passports were checked (they look at the sticker pasted by the VFS biometric center). After that we entered the place were they did security check (typically what you see in airports). We left our phones, smart watches and bags in the room and only carried transparent covers to hold our documents.
                    After the security check there was an open area where other categories of visas were asked to wait, since ours was EB1A we were asked to enter another area. There were 18 counters, I was asked to go to Counter 1 to collect the token (8:01am). At around 8:45am we were asked to go to counter 17, the lady checked our DS 260, birth certificates and PCC. This was done in 15 minutes. At around 9:15am we were called to counter another number. The US immigration officer asked the three of us to raise our hands pledge that the information provided was true. We were asked to do finger scan (four fingers of the hand). Then the immigration officer asked me a few questions about my qualifications. I briefly explained that to her as I am a patient safety and risk management expert. She asked if we have stayed beyond 6 months during our stay in the US. My son goes to college in the US (he is 20 years old) she said that she would cancel our B1/B2 visas for my wife and me and for my son she asked us to present the immigrant visa instead of the F1 visa at the port of entry. After this she said the golden words (your visa has been approved). She asked me to travel with my wife and son at the first time of entry as I am the principal applicant. By 9:30am we were out of the embassy.

I checked my NVC case status, it said "Administrative Processing", the same status remained until 25th August afternoon. On the 25th August afternoon it changed to "Issued", I opted to collect the passports instead of courier. On 26th Aug at around 1:00pm I received the SMS saying that the passports are read of collection. We presented a original ID proof and a copy to collect the passports and the sealed cover (yellow color) which needs to given to the passport officer at the port of entry.

Started at 7:45am- finished at 9:30am

Hope this helps.

Comment

I had a successful interview for my IM visa (EB1A), will give you a blow by blow account of it.

Priority date- 21 Oct 2021, DQ- 22 Feb 2022, Interview date- 23 Aug 2022

Our (Wife, son & myself) interview was scheduled on the 23rd August at 8:30am, we stayed at the Sofitel Hotel. We stood in the queue at 7:45am, passports were checked (they look at the sticker pasted by the VFS biometric center). After that we entered the place were they did security check (typically what you see in airports). We left our phones, smart watches and bags in the room and only carried transparent covers to hold our documents.
                      After the security check there was an open area where other categories of visas were asked to wait, since ours was EB1A we were asked to enter another area. There were 18 counters, I was asked to go to Counter 1 to collect the token (8:01am). At around 8:45am we were asked to go to counter 17, the lady checked our DS 260, birth certificates and PCC. This was done in 15 minutes. At around 9:15am we were called to counter another number. The US immigration officer asked the three of us to raise our hands pledge that the information provided was true. We were asked to do finger scan (four fingers of the hand). Then the immigration officer asked me a few questions about my qualifications. I briefly explained that to her as I am a patient safety and risk management expert. She asked if we have stayed beyond 6 months during our stay in the US. My son goes to college in the US (he is 20 years old) she said that she would cancel our B1/B2 visas for my wife and me and for my son she asked us to present the immigrant visa instead of the F1 visa at the port of entry. After this she said the golden words (your visa has been approved). She asked me to travel with my wife and son at the first time of entry as I am the principal applicant. By 9:30am we were out of the embassy.

I checked my NVC case status, it said "Administrative Processing", the same status remained until 25th August afternoon. On the 25th August afternoon it changed to "Issued", I opted to collect the passports instead of courier. On 26th Aug at around 1:00pm I received the SMS saying that the passports are read of collection. We presented a original ID proof and a copy to collect the passports and the sealed cover (yellow color) which needs to given to the passport officer at the port of entry.

Started at 7:45am- finished at 9:30am

Hope this helps.
                      Congratulations. And thanks a lot for the detailed walkthrough of your experience. It really helps a lot. All the best for your future endeavors!!!

Comment

• Hi everyone,
                        I am EB1A, approved by USCIS, need to upload documents on NVC portal. My whole family is in India, and only I will be immigrating. My wife and child do not want the green card (at least as of now). I have never registered my marriage. My fear is that they may reject my application in the lack of a marriage certificate. Anyone has any idea if I need marriage certificate even when only I am immigrating, not family members. Are there alternatives to a marriage certificate?
                        Thanks.

Comment

• anku123 Hi there, I will try to answer your question as much as I know. Others from the group can step to add.
                          Not sure if you have already filled up the DS 260 form in the NVC site, if not there is a section in the DS 260 where you could mention that your wife and son would be "immigrating to the U.S. at a later date to join you." Remember if your son is above 21 then he may not be able to join, so if he less that 21 then include him. You can still register your marriage, you may have to visit India to get that done, usually it should be a one day process. You should be able to get it done in your local municipal office in your home town in India.
                          My understating is, if you answered "NO" to the question "Is your wife/ child immigrating to the U.S. with you or at a later date to join you" then you would not need a marriage certificate, if not yes.

Here is the link to required civil documents for India. https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...try/India.html

I have copy pasted the text that appears in the Marriage Certificates section - see below.....

Marriage Certificates

Available

Fees: Varies by authority.

Document Name: Marriage Certificate.

Issuing Authority: Religious authorities and the offices of the Government Registrar of Marriages, which are located in the headquarters of each district.

Special Seal(s) / Color / Format: Varies substantially.

Issuing Authority Personnel Title: Different for each state and religious authority that conducts the marriage.

Registration Criteria: Prior to 2006, marriages by Hindus, Buddhists, Jains, or Sikhs were not required to be registered, but may have been voluntarily registered under the Hindu Marriage Act of 1955. As of 2006, it is mandatory to register all marriages. In India, a marriage can either be registered under the Hindu Marriage Act of 1955 or under the Special Marriage Act of 1954. For marriages registered at government offices under the Special Marriage Act, the certificate will be issued by the Registrar only if the bride and groom personally appear before the official and pay the required fee. For other marriages that are required to be registered with government authorities under the Hindu Marriage Act of 1955, registration criteria vary by authority.

Procedure for Obtaining: Varies for each authority.

Certified Copies Available: There are no certified copies available.

Alternate Documents: See comments section.

Exceptions: None

Comments: Hindu Marriage Act is applicable to Hindus, whereas the Special Marriage Act is applicable to all citizens of India irrespective of their religion. Please note that marriages by Hindus, Buddhists, Jains, or Sikhs may be voluntarily registered under the Hindu Marriage Act of 1955.

A marriage certificate issued by a Christian church needs to be registered in the office of The Registrar of Marriages. The registration authority varies from state to state.

If the parties are married in an Islamic religious ceremony, the certificate issued by the religious authority (such as a Nikah Nama contract issued by the mosque, or a marriage certificate issued by the Waqf Board) is sufficient proof of the marriage, and an additional registration with government authorities is not necessary/mandatory. A document known as a “Marriage Agreement” or “Deed of Marriage” to live as man and wife (under the Registration Act of 1908) is not sufficient confirmation of a marriage. Such a document does not confer legal marital status under the law. The minimum age for a marriage to be legal is 18 for females and 21 for males.

Comment

• Hi All - Completed my interview and all went well. Giving below my experience in detail (though its mostly similar to the experience of other friends who explained it, just sharing it with the hope that it helps others, similar to the benefit i got from others experience)

DQ- 16 Mar 2022, Interview date- 29 Aug 2022

Our (for my family and me) interview was on the 29th August at 8:30am, we went to the entrance around 7.30am and was allowed in immediately after the passports check.

We carried only our documents in transparent folders. That helped us to go thorough the security screening quickly.

Then we have been directed to an area which was specific to immigrant visa process (Non immigrant visa process happens on the other side). We were asked to go to Counter 1 to collect the token.

Once the token is collected, we were waiting on the area to get our token number called. Waited for around 15 - 20 mins and went to a counter in which we had an Indian Officer. He asked us to share original passport, PCC, DS-260 (which was stamped and handed over to us in biometrics), employment/offer letter and birth certificates. He reviewed, organized the documents and said we are good from the docs end and asked us to wait to be called again for the interview - This process took around 10 to 15 mins. - This document verification happens between Counter number 2 to 8, i guess.

After almost an hour wait we have been called to go counter number 12 (Counters between 9 to 15 are used for this final interview, i guess). Here we had an US immigration officer and he asked us to raise our hands pledge that the information provided was true. All of us were asked to do finger scan (four fingers of the hand). Then the immigration officer asked me a few questions about my work (Just basic question on what role i am playing, how long i am with current company, currently am i playing similar role of what we mentioned in our initial I140, etc.,). Asked if we have stayed beyond an year on any countries other than US and India. In our case we haven't and said NO to that question. Then he said we are all set and stated our Visa is approved. He asked me to travel with my family at the first time of entry as I am the principal applicant. Also handed over a sheet which stated that our Visa is approved and had the instructions to pay the Visa/GC processing fee of $220 per applicant. He asked us to pay the same anytime prior to our travel. That's it and this process took around 10-15 mins.
                            By 10am we were done and out of the embassy.

On the same day afternoon my NVC case status changed to "Administrative Processing". On the next day afternoon, its changed to "Issued", I opted to mail the passport in courier. Passport delivered at home on 2nd Sep.

By the way, we stayed at Hotel Sofitel which is 5 mins walk from the embassy. On the previous day, i just tried to visit the embassy location. On google map i checked for US Consulate and it took me to a place which is around 1 KM from the hotel, which was not the right location. Then i checked with the Hotel folks and they told its just 5 mins walk. Just pointing out if in case you face similar issue. Embassy location is 5 mins from Sofitel Hotel and right opposite to Trident Hotel.

Hope this helps.
                            Last edited by sjchn; 09-02-2022, 07:04 AM.

Comment

• Hi all, we successfully immigrated on the 1st September, completed our US Preclearance Customs & Border Protection. The officer was very courteous, we made an inventory (self declaration) of all the valuables (gold Jewelry and silver articles) that we carried. We had most of receipts and the officer briefly took a look at it and let us go.
                              The officer stamped in the passport as (admitted) and wrote a date one year from the date of entry. The officer said that we could travel in and out of the US during the one year period mentioned in the stamp. However we have decided not to leave US until we receive the greencard.

Comment

Hi all, we successfully immigrated on the 1st September, completed our US Preclearance Customs & Border Protection. The officer was very courteous, we made an inventory (self declaration) of all the valuables (gold Jewelry and silver articles) that we carried. We had most of receipts and the officer briefly took a look at it and let us go.
                                The officer stamped in the passport as (admitted) and wrote a date one year from the date of entry. The officer said that we could travel in and out of the US during the one year period mentioned in the stamp. However we have decided not to leave US until we receive the greencard.
                                Glad to hear Krishnanks. Thanks for sharing. Please update in this group when you receive your GC.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X