Interviews for EB1 visa in mumbai consulate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by whitewizard View Post

It is up to the gaining consulate to approve the transfer. However, as a matter of policy in this case, the Mumbai consulate would be obliged to grant this request, because you are an Indian citizen. Begin by contacting NVC Public Inquiry. State that you are an Indian citizen and wish to transfer your interview location. Attach a copy of your Indian passport biometric page (even if they have it). NVC Public Inquiry responses are sometimes irrelevant and handled poorly. So, just send the request again if they respond poorly. They respond within a week. When accepted, you will receive a new NVC case number that begins with BMB******

Yes. You may do your medical and biometrics anywhere across India according to availability and convenience.
    Thanks for info. Will try. NVC is taking 8 calendar days to respond now. Wish I get IL right after transfer with DQ since 18 months. Can only hope

Comment

• Originally posted by jivan25 View Post
      Hello Everyone! Seeing posts about consulate transfer, I also have a quick query related to my case!

In my I-140 application, my employer had selected the visa consulate as VAC Hyderabad. But recently after reading few articles, I came to know that VAC Hyderabad does not hold any immigrant interviews. Should I transfer my case to VAC Mumbai? Or will it be done automatically by NVC as Hyderabad does not hold immigrant interviews. Any advise?
      You don't have to do anything. NVC will assign the consulate after it receives the approved petition from USCIS. I know of another case where a petitioner picked New Delhi, but was assigned Mumbai after approval. New Delhi does not typically handle immigrant visa cases anymore. NVC will not allow an approved petition to be stuck because of a situation like that.

Comment

• Greeting all.

My case got reassigned to bombay. Can you please share experience

1. How many days gap between medical test and biometrics
        2. will they mail any documents at all before or after interview?
        3. is visa stamp for 6 months from date of medical test?
        4. Can we change appointment date?

Sorry many random questions but will appreciate any info. Thanks much!

Comment

• Originally posted by mechy View Post
          Greeting all.

My case got reassigned to bombay. Can you please share experience

1. How many days gap between medical test and biometrics
          2. will they mail any documents at all before or after interview?
          3. is visa stamp for 6 months from date of medical test?
          4. Can we change appointment date?

Sorry many random questions but will appreciate any info. Thanks much!
          1. I do not know
          2. Not as far as I know. Once NVC has your email, they use your email.
          3. Yes, unless you need a sputum test because of abnormal chest x-ray. Then the stamp expires 3 months after test.
          4. You can schedule a new date, if you miss your appointment. I am not sure if you can proactively change the appointment date. The instructions are unclear.

Comment

1. I do not know
            2. Not as far as I know. Once NVC has your email, they use your email.
            3. Yes, unless you need a sputum test because of abnormal chest x-ray. Then the stamp expires 3 months after test.
            4. You can schedule a new date, if you miss your appointment. I am not sure if you can proactively change the appointment date. The instructions are unclear.
            Thanks for reply.

More Questions

Can we renew passport before IL or after stamping?

If we renew passport should we get PCC again with new passport number?

Comment

• Originally posted by mechy View Post

Thanks for reply.

More Questions

Can we renew passport before IL or after stamping?

If we renew passport should we get PCC again with new passport number?
              Yes, you can renew your passport. If it happens between submitting your DS-260 and the interview, then you should let the interviewer know so that they can edit your form. If you get your passport after stamping, it does not matter. An immigrant visa is a type of visa. You just have to carry your old passport with the new one when you travel.

I do not believe you need a new PCC if you get a new passport.

Comment

• Hi, my case is with NVC now, and wondering if I need an attorney to submit documents or if I can upload all the documents myself. Also, does anyone have a document checklist that I can follow?

Comment

• Originally posted by wonderwho View Post
                  Hi, my case is with NVC now, and wondering if I need an a​ttorney to submit documents or if I can upload all the documents myself. Also, does anyone have a document checklist that I can follow?
                  If your case is routine, you don't need an attorney. But I think you might be on the wrong forum. This forum is for employment-based cases in Mumbai. Employment-based cases are typically paper-based. So the Civil documents need to be mailed to Sterling, Virginia. Immediate Relative and Family-based cases are handled electronically, so you need to upload the documents. Employment-based cases do not typically need the Affidavit of Support fee/form or financial documents either. Since your case is with NVC, you should have received the welcome letter. I believe that the checklist is identical to all of us (attached). But you can also read the detailed guidance from the Department of State.

Civil Documents (state.gov)
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	document-cover-sheet.png.d3555ce4aa6149ebe4ca9c981b89dd0d.png
Views:	439
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	799332 ​

Comment

• anyone got IL lately. Which day of month or week does Mumbai consulate send IL. Appreciate any input guys.

Comment

If your case is routine, you don't need an attorney. But I think you might be on the wrong forum. This forum is for employment-based cases in Mumbai. Employment-based cases are typically paper-based. So the Civil documents need to be mailed to Sterling, Virginia. Immediate Relative and Family-based cases are handled electronically, so you need to upload the documents. Employment-based cases do not typically need the Affidavit of Support fee/form or financial documents either. Since your case is with NVC, you should have received the welcome letter. I believe that the checklist is identical to all of us (attached). But you can also read the detailed guidance from the Department of State.

Civil Documents (state.gov)
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	document-cover-sheet.png.d3555ce4aa6149ebe4ca9c981b89dd0d.png
Views:	439
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	799332 ​
                      Hi, yes, my case is employment-based, and I did receive a checklist, but it looked more like a family-based one because it has an Affidavit of support document listed on the checklist, which confused me. Do you have a bigger picture than this one? This image is too small for me to figure out anything. Thank you!

I am unaware that I need to send physical documents to Virginia. I thought they stopped this years back. Can you please confirm this?

Comment

Hi, yes, my case is employment-based, and I did receive a checklist, but it looked more like a family-based one because it has an Affidavit of support document listed on the checklist, which confused me. Do you have a bigger picture than this one? This image is too small for me to figure out anything. Thank you!

I am unaware that I need to send physical documents to Virginia. I thought they stopped this years back. Can you please confirm this?
                        Yes, my checklist also had the Affidavit of Support and financial documents. But the checklist is not personalized. The purpose of the checklist is for you to enclose it and thus communicate to DoS what you have sent, not what you need to send. So, I just had to tick not applicable. All employment-based case applicants that I know about had to mail their civil documents to the Department of State in Sterling, Virginia. You can see the address on the DoS link that I shared before. When you log on to CEAC, you will not have the option to pay the Affidavit of Support fee (it will be waived). There will also be no place to upload any files. The only thing you can do is pay the IV fee and fill DS-260 form. Incidentally, they share an address while filing the DS-260 form to send the civil documents to Portsmouth, New Hampshire. This is the only place where it is clearly stated that you need to mail the documents. But note that this address is out of date. Use DoS address in Sterling Virginia as per the DoS website.

I cannot share a link from other forums here. It is not allowed. Just Google images for NVC checklist civil documents. You will find a couple of images with better resolution. They all look the same.

Comment

I was DQ'ed on March 30, 2023. So my information is relatively recent.

Comment

• Any EB case got IL. Today I hear IR1/CR1 cases with DQ in Feb 2023 got IL in Aug 2023

Comment

Yes, my checklist also had the Affidavit of Support and financial documents. But the checklist is not personalized. The purpose of the checklist is for you to enclose it and thus communicate to DoS what you have sent, not what you need to send. So, I just had to tick not applicable. All employment-based case applicants that I know about had to mail their civil documents to the Department of State in Sterling, Virginia. You can see the address on the DoS link that I shared before. When you log on to CEAC, you will not have the option to pay the Affidavit of Support fee (it will be waived). There will also be no place to upload any files. The only thing you can do is pay the IV fee and fill DS-260 form. Incidentally, they share an address while filing the DS-260 form to send the civil documents to Portsmouth, New Hampshire. This is the only place where it is clearly stated that you need to mail the documents. But note that this address is out of date. Use DoS address in Sterling Virginia as per the DoS website.

I cannot share a link from other forums here. It is not allowed. Just Google images for NVC checklist civil documents. You will find a couple of images with better resolution. They all look the same.
                              Thank you! I have a final question, do we need to send a notarized offer letter? If so, does it have to match the initial salary mentioned in my labor, or can my employer mention my current salary, which is higher than the initial labor filing? I am considering having them write at least XYZ amount, which is the initial filing salary. Does that work?
                              Last edited by wonderwho; 06-14-2023, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Thank you! I have a final question, do we need to send a notarized offer letter? If so, does it have to match the initial salary mentioned in my labor, or can my employer mention my current salary, which is higher than the initial labor filing? I am considering having them write at least XYZ amount, which is the initial filing salary. Does that work?
                                I do not think the offer letter has to be notarized. The original offer letter on the official letterhead is sufficient. It has to be recent. Some places say within the month of the interview. Your salary should be equal to or higher than what was stated during the prevailing wage determination. Saying that your wage is at least XYZ amount would be a bit awkward and unusual. I think that there needs to be some language that the offered position is permanent and that the description of the job is consistent with what was described in the labor certification/petition.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X