IR5: Visa appointment reschedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IR5: Visa appointment reschedule

Hello friends. my parents had their IR5 visa interview scheduled for the interview yesterday at the Mumbai consulate. They couldn't attend consulate interview due to additional follow-up required for the medical. My mother had to go through additional sputum testing and appointment was cancelled by hospital.

I now need to reschedule their NVC scheduled appointment and biometric appointment. I called us traveldocs helpdesk and they ask to email, when I email they close the case saying they don't schedule appointments over the email. Not sure, how I can get appointment rescheduled for my parents.

Does anyone have similar experience or knows how I can reschedule NVC made appointment, please help. Thanks

DQ: Aug2020
    Visa appointment date: 24 Feb'22

Originally posted by MilRav View Post
    Hello friends. my parents had their IR5 visa interview scheduled for the interview yesterday at the Mumbai consulate. They couldn't attend consulate interview due to additional follow-up required for the medical. My mother had to go through additional sputum testing and appointment was cancelled by hospital.

I now need to reschedule their NVC scheduled appointment and biometric appointment. I called us traveldocs helpdesk and they ask to email, when I email they close the case saying they don't schedule appointments over the email. Not sure, how I can get appointment rescheduled for my parents.

Does anyone have similar experience or knows how I can reschedule NVC made appointment, please help. Thanks

DQ: Aug2020
    Visa appointment date: 24 Feb'22

“Is Mumbai consulate scheduling interviews for IR5” you may go on this thread. There are many members, some of them can guide you well.
    Last edited by GeoMac; 03-08-2022, 07:32 AM.

Comment

Hi ,
      I have same situation. Just want to know did your parents get appointment rescheduled. How long it took? Did you schedule by self or embassy did that.

Comment

Originally posted by Prabh1115 View Post
        Hi ,
        I have same situation. Just want to know did your parents get appointment rescheduled. How long it took? Did you schedule by self or embassy did that.
        Dear Prabh1115,
        After you get the negative medical report for the sputum test from the hospital, you have to go on the cgi.federal.secure.com site and select CLASS B medical. Then you will be directed to the page to select date for interview. Kindly also select a Biometrics date again (even if they might have done earlier). It is not an Embassy, but the US Consulate in Mumbai. They DO NOT schedule your visa interview appointment in such cases. You will have to do it yourself as explained above. Best wishes in your adjudication process.

Comment

Hello , I am petitioning for my parents IR5. I was DQ in Aug22. For the medical can I chose the centre as Ahmedabad (as we previously lived in Ahmedabad) ? Or we have to go by whatever city is given by the consulate ? My parents are aged and prefer Ahmedabad for the Medical test as we know that city well .

Comment

The hospital's negative sputum test medical report will prompt you to select CLASS B medical on the cgi.federal.secure.com website. After that, you'll be taken to a website where you can choose an interview date. Please pick another Biometrics date (even if you already chose one). In Mumbai, the United States maintains a consulate rather than an embassy. In such a circumstance, they will NOT arrange a time for you to have your visa interview.

Comment

Hi, Can we re-schedule both parent's interview appointment, even if only 1 parent has to go for additional Sputum test. ??? What is the reasoning to give and where to re-schedule/

Comment

hi justn were you able to figure out if you can reschedule both parents interview ? am in the same situation. i too am trying to get this cleared. will let you know if i find anything.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X