X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cr1-ir1-spouse-immigration-cases

New

Hello All,
    I am a new member and would like to share my experience.
    My son is a born citizen of USA. He got married in India in early March 2021 and applied for VISA for his wife in mid March, 2021.
    The Petition was approved Mid September 2021 (About 6 Months later)
    Got approval from NVC - Documentarily Qualified - Mid January 2022.
    Now waiting for Interview Date for His wife at Bombay Consulate.
    By God's grace, there was no glitch like RFE etc so far.
    The kids are chewing nails of course. I would love to get an idea when we can expect the IL.
    I will keep you all posted.
    Krishan8

Comment

Originally posted by Krishan8 View Post
      Hello All,
      My son is a born citizen of USA. He got married in India in early March 2021 and applied for VISA for his wife in mid March, 2021.
      The kids are chewing nails of course. I would love to get an idea when we can expect the IL.
      Krishan8
      I come under CR1 visa category and I became Documentarily Qualified on Dec 13,2021. I will keep you updated on this when I receive my IL.

Comment

Hello All,
        Krishan8
        Dear Krishan8,
        I am waiting for my IR5 Interview Letter (IL) and so I have been following this forum enthusiastically. In between I saw NishaGaneshArvind and you eagerly waiting for IR1. Since I did IR1 for my daughter, I know the anxiety in the minds of the youngsters who are waiting to meet their better-halves. Now in IR5 conversation thread I did not see any discussion for these people and so I started a new thread exclusively for the CR1/IR1 people. (CR1 is off course immediate relative, but since the marriage is less than 2 years old on the day of petitioning, they will be given conditional immigration for 2 years. After two years of the visa stamp date, there will be a formality to prove that their marriage is intact and valid. And when the USCIS is convinced, they will give a permanent green card. By the time the permanent green card arrives, the incumbent will have completed 3 years of stay in America and so eligible for citizenship as well.)
        That was the prelude. Now let me answer your question of concern. As I saw it on other day, CR1 people are about 6 months ahead of IR5 people. At present 30th Nov. 2020 DQD of IR5 is receiving IL. So April-May 2021 DQD of IR1/CR1 may be getting IL. In your case DQD is mid Jan 2022, so about 8-9 months more. Had your DIL have a visitor’s visa, it could have been easy. But now that the formalities of DS260 have been done and all fees paid, you have no other option but to patiently wait till you hear from NVC.
        Last edited by GeoMac; 03-22-2022, 09:28 AM.

Comment

IR1/CR1 MUMBAI DQ : 9 JUNE 2021
          INTERVIEW : 16th march 2022
          Last edited by GeoMac; 03-22-2022, 11:24 AM.

Comment

channel says “ those of IR1/CR1 category whose DQD is in the months of July-Aug-Sep 21, must have received IL by now. This news is of 14th March 2022. Today is 22nd March 2022

Comment

I wonder if priority date for IL is determined by DQ date or by Priority Date mentioned in the approval letter.

Comment

I wonder if priority date for IL is determined by DQ date or by Priority Date mentioned in the approval letter.
                Priority date is important for allotment of Visa Number in case of immigrant visa cases other than Immidiate Relatives. Immidiate Relatives (IR1, CR1, IR2, CR2, IR3, IR4, IR5) get visa number instantly upon approval of Petition. After that the IR people fill up the DS260 form and upload supporting evidence documents. When this action is completed and the form and all documents are found okay by the NVC, they call it "DOCUMENTARILY QUALIFIED" (DQ). The date of DQ is then taken in to consideration for determining interview date.
                Hope this clears the confusion in your mind Dear Krishan8
                Last edited by GeoMac; 03-24-2022, 12:29 AM.

Comment

Thank you, GeoMac. I am impressed with your expertise.

Comment

Unfortunately CR1/IR1 people are not posting any info in this forum so one can not calculate as to when and which DQD next interview will be.

Comment

Originally posted by GeoMac View Post
                      Unfortunately CR1/IR1 people are not posting any info in this forum so one can not calculate as to when and which DQD next interview will be.
                      Yes, that is very strange.

Comment

USA PUNJAB, an YOU TUBE channel says “ those of IR1/CR1 category whose DQD is in the months of July-Aug-Sep 21, must have received IL by now. This news is of 14th March 2022. Today is 22nd March 2022
                        Sir, as per the latest video in USA Punjab, CR1 DQ Nov 5 2021 have got their IL. Mumbai embassy is working at a remarkable speed.

Comment

Originally posted by NishaGaneshArvind View Post

Sir, as per the latest video in USA Punjab, CR1 DQ Nov 5 2021 have got their IL. Mumbai embassy is working at a remarkable speed.
                          That’s very good news for NishaGaneshArvind and Krishan8. Be prepared with your new PCC (if the one you submitted is more than one year old)and all other documents. The spouse has to carry many many pictures, email copies, ******** messages, travel together documents like hotel bills, air/rail bookings, correspondence envelopes, greeting cards, bank docs etc. to prove that the marriage is intact and alive.

Comment

That’s very good news for NishaGaneshArvind and Krishan8. Be prepared with your new PCC (if the one you submitted is more than one year old)and all other documents. The spouse has to carry many many pictures, email copies, ******** messages, travel together documents like hotel bills, air/rail bookings, correspondence envelopes, greeting cards, bank docs etc. to prove that the marriage is intact and alive.
                            Sure will do Sir! Thank you so much.

Comment

Superb. That is Fantastic news.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X