Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reschedule biometric & consular appointments in case of Sputum test?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reschedule biometric & consular appointments in case of Sputum test?

Hi everyone,

My father's medical is clear but my mother needs to take the sputum test. The biometrics and Consular appointments for both are scheduled for March 29th and March 31st.

Can my mother go for the appointments or will she have to reschedule only? Can she at least do her biometrics appointment if not the Consular appointment? Does the consular appointment get cancelled automatically ?

Secondly, if her appointments need to be rescheduled, how does that work? Will i have to create a separate profile for my mother on cgifederal portal again?​

samruti, can you please advise what steps you were able to take and how long it took to get rescheduled appointment? Thank you.

Comment

Aanedo - I am going through the same myself. Were u able to figure this out?

Comment

Aanedo : justn :
        Hello!

My dad went for his biometrics and Visa appointment as planned, with my mother accompanying him. However, my mother didn't attend any of the appointments herself. We had to reschedule her appointments after her medical clearance. It took about 8 weeks for us to receive a call from Mohali Max Hospital, confirming that results for the Sputum tests were negative and that they had sent all the details to the Consulate.

After this, we proceeded to reschedule her biometrics and Visa appointment under the category of "Class B medical applicants".
        At my father's appointment he was asked about my mother and he mentioned that she didn't come as she had to undergo additional testing.

Hope this information helps! Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any more questions.​

Comment

Hi samruti i am in same situation. Dad has to go for sputum test. Mom cleared her medical. medical appointment was today.

My questions -

1-why did you reschedule the biometrics appointment also for your mom ? is it required to reschedule ? can she not have done it along with your dad as per original schedule ?
          as of now we only know that for a person going for sputum test only the interview has to be rescheduled not the biometrics. Can you please clarify ?

2- when was the medical appointment for your parents ?

my parents biometrics is tomorrow. we are thinking of going ahead with the biometrics for both of them. we have to travel to mumbai so its difficult for parents to make multiple trips.

would really appreciate any help in this matter.

Comment

Vayu30:
            As I mentioned earlier, my mother accompanied my father but did not attend the biometrics or visa interview. To be honest, there doesn't seem to be a clear course of action for this situation in my opinion. I've come across numerous discussions on various forums where people completed their biometrics on the originally scheduled date but were still required to undergo the biometric appointment again.

I also learned that it's not possible to schedule only the visa appointment. The portal allows you to schedule the biometrics appointment first, and only after that can you choose a date for the consular appointment.

Personally, I didn't want to get caught up in that state of confusion, so I decided to skip the biometric appointment for my mother. The process I followed was foolproof, with the only drawback being that my parents had to make another trip to Mumbai for my mother's biometric and consular appointments.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X