Please Help!!! With I-693

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help!!! With I-693

Wife and I live in South Korea, I have petitioned for her a green card, she is a Filipina. She took the medical exam and tested positive for T.B. and has now completed the 6 month regimen and tested negative for T.B. X-ray and sputum show all clear. My concern now is that she is being told that she needs to wait one year after completing the regimen before starting the visa medical exam over again. Can someone tell me if this is true or can she just have the I-693 filled out by doctor with no need to pay for medical exam, because we already payed the first TIME.

The TB regimen timeframe for U.S. visas usually results in a visa interview shortly after the TB meds regimen has been completed. But the medical exam she had may have to be repeated because it is only good for 6 months.

--Ray B

Originally posted by wjjohns View Post
    Wife and I live in South Korea, I have petitioned for her a green card, she is a Filipina. She took the medical exam and tested positive for T.B. and has now completed the 6 month regimen and tested negative for T.B. X-ray and sputum show all clear. My concern now is that she is being told that she needs to wait one year after completing the regimen before starting the visa medical exam over again. Can someone tell me if this is true or can she just have the I-693 filled out by doctor with no need to pay for medical exam, because we already payed the first TIME.

Comment

I-693

Originally posted by rayb View Post
      The TB regimen timeframe for U.S. visas usually results in a visa interview shortly after the TB meds regimen has been completed. But the medical exam she had may have to be repeated because it is only good for 6 months.

--Ray B
      she can retake the medical exam, but the meds she has taken was not under D.O.T. (directly observed therapy) so we are told she needs to wait a year, to see it the T.B. does not return. Do you know if this is correct? Where is this rule written?

Comment

I've heard of this being as you describe. I can't tell you where the "rule is written," but is an expected requirement if the applicant did not follow the meds requirement.

--Ray B

Originally posted by wjjohns View Post
        she can retake the medical exam, but the meds she has taken was not under D.O.T. (directly observed therapy) so we are told she needs to wait a year, to see it the T.B. does not return. Do you know if this is correct? Where is this rule written?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X