URGENT - Passport sent for OCI matchup, waiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URGENT - Passport sent for OCI matchup, waiting

I have sent my US passport for OCI matchup to the BLS Washington office about 3 weeks back. BLS office had later sent my passport to the Indian Embassy Washington for the matchup process. Since then, my passport is with the Embassy pending issuance of OCI sticker in my US passport. After the OCI matchup process is over, BLS is suppose to return my passport and OCI back to me through UPS service. I have an emergency situation now, and because of it want to go to India as soon as possible. I cannot wait for BLS to mail the passport to me, this would take at least another 1 to 2 week more. Is there any way that I can visit the Washington Embassy or/and the BLS Washington Office in person and then collect my passport and OCI. Does the Embassy or the BLS office permit to collect the passport in person who have opted to use the return shipping service? Should I go to the Embassy or to the BLS office? Do I need appointment or walk-in is accepted?

Anyone who has done this, please respond. I need to visit India as soon as possible after getting my OCI.

I am in the same situation. It has been over 4 weeks since I sent my passport for OCI matchup and BLS says that cannot do anything about it since it is at the consulate. Did you eventually go in person to pick your passport?

Comment

contact consulate

Originally posted by jjoseph8008 View Post
      I am in the same situation. It has been over 4 weeks since I sent my passport for OCI matchup and BLS says that cannot do anything about it since it is at the consulate. Did you eventually go in person to pick your passport?
      Contact your regional consulate. Did you get your OCI? You mail the consulate or call them. After I sent email in a day my OCI got approved and sent to consulate for match up.

Did you get your OCI?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X