Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Renew Indian Passport from US - L1B Visa

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Renew Indian Passport from US - L1B Visa

    Hi All,


    I am looking to renew my indian passport. For supporting document - I need to provide notarized copy of my I-797. As I am on L1B visa, I-797 is not on my name (Company's Name mentioned on this) and employer have the original copy of it.. I am not able to notarize the copy of I-797.

    I am having photocopy of I-797 and original - I-129

    Please assist how I can proceed on this and submit for passport renewal application.



    Thanks & Regards,
    Rajesh

  • #2
    Originally posted by Rajeshd View Post
    Hi All,


    I am looking to renew my indian passport. For supporting document - I need to provide notarized copy of my I-797. As I am on L1B visa, I-797 is not on my name (Company's Name mentioned on this) and employer have the original copy of it.. I am not able to notarize the copy of I-797.

    I am having photocopy of I-797 and original - I-129

    Please assist how I can proceed on this and submit for passport renewal application.



    Thanks & Regards,
    Rajesh
    Hi Rajesh

    I am in same condition. What did you finally do for passport renewal?

    Comment


    • #3
      Hi,

      I am also in same situation. Can you please suggest what did you do for passport renewal in this case?


      Thanks,


      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by utscool View Post

        Hi Rajesh

        I am in same condition. What did you finally do for passport renewal?
        Hi,

        I am also in same situation. Can you please suggest what did you do for passport renewal in this case?


        Thanks,

        Comment


        • #5
          I don't have any answer for you all. Sorry. But curious why you didn't try the passport renewal application and try to upload the documents you have. Can you please share what you did? You can always try emailing CKGS. If no one responds in a week, I guess they didn't have your situation or don't have the intention to respond to these forums. Please share what you did to get your passport, so it will be useful for others. Thanks in advance.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Liberty48 View Post
            I don't have any answer for you all. Sorry. But curious why you didn't try the passport renewal application and try to upload the documents you have. Can you please share what you did? You can always try emailing CKGS. If no one responds in a week, I guess they didn't have your situation or don't have the intention to respond to these forums. Please share what you did to get your passport, so it will be useful for others. Thanks in advance.
            Hi,

            Thanks for your reply. I did send an email to CKGS , they have responded back with the same answer as they have mentioned in their list of documents (color notarized copy of legal US status). It does not solve problem for me. I still have 1-2 days, I hope some one can respond back on this forum as this should be a quite general query as many people travel on L1b blanket visa.

            I have an appointment this week with CKGS, I will go there with whatever I have and lets see if it works for me or not. In either situation , I will update this forum so that other members can take advantage of that information.



            Thanks,

            Comment


            • #7
              Goodluck gaurs. There should be a way to get the passport renewed without going back all the way to India. You are on a long term visit and the consulates should help in these situations.

              One more question. Can't the L1 sponsor lend the original copy for the passport renewal purpose? You just need to get it notarized right. They can come with you to get notarized and take it back o some offices even have an employee as notary, usually a secretary, HR or finance person.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Liberty48 View Post
                Goodluck gaurs. There should be a way to get the passport renewed without going back all the way to India. You are on a long term visit and the consulates should help in these situations.

                One more question. Can't the L1 sponsor lend the original copy for the passport renewal purpose? You just need to get it notarized right. They can come with you to get notarized and take it back o some offices even have an employee as notary, usually a secretary, HR or finance person.
                Hi,

                So, as mentioned in earlier post, I applied for my passport renewal on 11th July and got my new passport today. It was a very quick and smooth process.
                For the problem I was facing with L1B blanket petition, I asked my immigration team to provide me a color copy of my I-797 and then I got it notarized. This solved the problem. Rest of the documents were same as mentioned on CKGS website and other forums.

                Thanks.

                Comment

                Working...
                X