Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I keep my existing agriculture Lands in India after getting US Citizenship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I keep my existing agriculture Lands in India after getting US Citizenship?

I am a green card holder. I am planning to apply for US Citizenship. I have agriculture lands in India. I inherited these lands from my parents. Can I keep my agriculture lands even after geting US Citizenship or Do I need to sell these agriculture lands before I take US Citizenship? I know that I can not buy agriculture lands after getting the US Citizenship. Are there any other ways of keeping the existing agriculture lands after getting the US citizenship?

Originally posted by easytrak
    I am a green card holder. I am planning to apply for US Citizenship. I have agriculture lands in India. I inherited these lands from my parents. Can I keep my agriculture lands even after geting US Citizenship or Do I need to sell these agriculture lands before I take US Citizenship? I know that I can not buy agriculture lands after getting the US Citizenship. Are there any other ways of keeping the existing agriculture lands after getting the US citizenship?
    If you have inherited Agri lands, the RBI says it is OK. Please note NRIs, PIOs (with or without card), and OCIs are treated the same - but differently to Resident Citizens.

RBI FEMA CONTROL #21

4. Acquisition and Transfer of Property in India by a Person of Indian origin
    A person of Indian origin resident outside India may -
    (c) acquire any immovable property in India by way of inheritance from a person resident outside India who had acquired such property in accordance with the provisions of the foreign exchange law in force at the time of acquisition by him or the provisions of these Regulations or from a person resident in India;

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X