Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCI Documents

Hi,
    I need to apply OCI for my son. Have few queries on the documents/procedure.

1) Do I need to notarize all the documents i.e. parents Indian Passport, son US passport, Indian address proof?

2) I have to travel within few days (15-20 days); is there a expedite service available and how long does it take?

4) How does the online Registration work (currently it looks like a dummy site where any junk data is accepted and reference number is generated)?

3) How easy is it to apply for OCI or PIO from India?

4) My current Indian verifiable address is different from my passport address and I don’t have any documents as proof for it; can I submit a letter with my company letterhead as address proof? Do I need to notarize this document or should I submit in original?

5) Do I need to submit photographs with different sizes for OCI/PIO??

Appreciate your time and effort in replying to these queries.

Thanks,
    Dev

Originally posted by rdev
    Hi,
    I need to apply OCI for my son. Have few queries on the documents/procedure.

1) Do I need to notarize all the documents i.e. parents Indian Passport, son US passport, Indian address proof?

2) I have to travel within few days (15-20 days); is there a expedite service available and how long does it take?

4) How does the online Registration work (currently it looks like a dummy site where any junk data is accepted and reference number is generated)?

3) How easy is it to apply for OCI or PIO from India?

4) My current Indian verifiable address is different from my passport address and I don’t have any documents as proof for it; can I submit a letter with my company letterhead as address proof? Do I need to notarize this document or should I submit in original?

5) Do I need to submit photographs with different sizes for OCI/PIO??

Appreciate your time and effort in replying to these queries.

Thanks,
    Dev
    If you need to go in 15-20 days, not one real OCI has been issued. I am still waiting 14 months!!! Go for a PIO for your son and upgrade for $25 when he gets back, he will save $$$ if he is a minor!

For adults, go for a 6 month visa.

1) SanFran requires notorised everything, other consulates are happy with self attestation

2) Current ETA is 14 months - so forget it

3) OCI and PIO can be applied from India - Consulates are easier to deal with and don't take bribes.

4) It works sometimes but is a sham - don't bother with it.

5) Check the application form, OCI requires 2 x 3.5cm square photos

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X