Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OCI card for minor - Marriage certificate / Kids birth certificate missing? Is this O

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCI card for minor - Marriage certificate / Kids birth certificate missing? Is this O

Hi,

I am trying to apply for OCI card for my kids. I read the elaborate procedure and doc list... I have 4 questions...

1. Parents marriage certficate: Spouse name is mentioned in our passports (Both have Indian Passports). Having said that is it OK to apply for kid's OCI without marriage certficate?
    2. My kid's original birth ceertficate is missing. I do have photo copy. Having said that is it OK to apply for kid's OCI without original birth certficate?
    3. Apart from $295 for OCI, I am also attaching $15 for return mail envelope. IS this OK?
    4. Mortgage statement as proof of address is accepted? The driver's license has old address.

I am going in-person to San Francisco on Monday 03/08.

Let us say, they say to produce the above certifacates, how much time do they give?

Kindly let me know your experience w.r.t above questions.
    Last edited by radhamadhuri; 03-03-2016, 05:24 PM.

Originally posted by radhamadhuri View Post
    Hi,

I am trying to apply for OCI card for my kids. I read the elaborate procedure and doc list... I have 4 questions...

1. Parents marriage certficate: Spouse name is mentioned in our passports (Both have Indian Passports). Having said that is it OK to apply for kid's OCI without marriage certficate?
    2. My kid's original birth ceertficate is missing. I do have photo copy. Having said that is it OK to apply for kid's OCI without original birth certficate?
    3. Apart from $295 for OCI, I am also attaching $15 for return mail envelope. IS this OK?
    4. Mortgage statement as proof of address is accepted? The driver's license has old address.

Let us say, they say to produce the above certifacates, how much time do they give?

1. No
    2. No
    3. yes
    4. Not sure

Comment

Hi,

documentation is quite clear and mandatory - why ask obvious questions? if you don't provide correct documents and copies/notoarized/self attested as listed, they will send the application back to you.

Comment

Hi,

1. marriage certificate copy is madatory additional to passports have both parents name printed
        2. photo copy is good enough
        3. good
        4. only state issue ID, driver's license or major Utility bill will be accepted anyother documents will be rejected.

do not send any physical and original documents for initial New OCI submission for San Francisco center.

Comment

Originally posted by proonindiandoc View Post
          2. photo copy is good enough
          You can't get the BC notarized without original.

Comment

Originally posted by ImmAgain View Post
            You can't get the BC notarized without original.
            photo copy Only again, i say copy no notary i ask

Comment

Originally posted by proonindiandoc View Post
              photo copy Only again, i say copy no notary i ask
              plus one for proonindiandoc.

Notary guys in US are NOT authorized to notarize US Birth certificates. Self attested (both parents) Photocopy is suffice.
              Last edited by radhamadhuri; 03-07-2016, 05:31 PM.

Comment

plus one for proonindiandoc.

Notary guys in US are NOT authorized to notarize US Birth certificates. Self attested (both parents) Photocopy is suffice.
                to you and all the falks are still daydreaming, i said COPY is enough, i did say no notary required on those support documents.

Comment

Notary rules change state to state. There is no blanket rules prohibiting notarizing copy of birth certificate. If your state prohibits it then get a certified copy or notarize your signature attesting true copy.

I attended a camp by CKGS - DC this weekend. They had several notaries on hand to notarize original documents. So it not true that only photocopy are okay.

CKGS follows the checklist to the 't'.

Comment

Originally posted by ImmAgain View Post
                    Notary rules change state to state. There is no blanket rules prohibiting notarizing copy of birth certificate. If your state prohibits it then get a certified copy or notarize your signature attesting true copy.

I attended a camp by CKGS - DC this weekend. They had several notaries on hand to notarize original documents. So it not true that only photocopy are okay.

CKGS follows the checklist to the 't'.
                    this guy is San Francisco jurisdiction is different to yours. San Francisco dosen't need to verify the physical passport and unnecessary costly notary to their residents. unfortunately each jurisdiction consulate has different favort , so work closely to your jurisdiction expert

Comment

Hi,

Ok, just want to update on Passport Matchup process....I received an email(05/10...i.e. 2 months after submission) from CKGS stating that it is time for Passport Match Up. Today, I went to CKGS to submit match up form and US Passport in-person at San Francisco office. Took 5 minutes. Please note that if you submit US Passport in-person at San Francisco you do NOT need to take the token. Just give it to the receiptionist. He/she will give you the receipt. They told original Passport + OCI card will be sent by by mail (BTW, I paid $15 for courier) in about 2 to 3 weeks.

All-in-all, for me the whole process is simple even though there is lot of un-necessary documentation + some confusion etc.
                      Last edited by radhamadhuri; 05-24-2016, 04:17 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X