OCI time frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCI time frame

I got an email on Feb 23'16 that my application is recieved but due to the missing document it was on hold till March 8'16. Now, I got an email that my application is in India "Your OCI application has now been ‘Sent to Delhi, India’ from the Indian Embassy/ Consulate in the USA for further securitization and processing." but it says the next update will be in 6 to 8 weeks????? I already bought my tickets for June end. What do they mean by that?, as they say it takes 2-3months on their website and I guess I did it on time??? I called Washington center and the guy says it take 60 to 80 working days??? Can someone help me and give me right information and what should I do? someone said he got 6 months VISA but when I try it only gives me 10yrs VISA option??? pls help

My experience

Hi,

Like you I also got the message that the next update will be in 6 -8 weeks. However, I did get the update in a matter of 3-4 days instead.

Although everyone's experience may be different but I think 6-8 weeks is an extreme case where they just want to make sure you don't get on their back if it gets delayed. Just shows first how insensitive they are and second, how inefficient they are that for something that normally takes a few days they want to give themselves lee way to mess up !

Long story short, I think you should keep checking the online status and should get an update soon. I don't think its going to be 6-8 weeks.

Comment

good LAWDD the process sucks

I don't know if its the Indian Government or CKGS but the OCi procedure is so pathetic. they have confusing instructions on the website. Some of the things are NOT EVEN MENTIONED on the website and you come to know only when you call CKGS and after are on hold for an hour to hook up with some man(maybe sitting somwhere in India, I am not sure, could be US as well, but I think the rep is mostly in India) who will tell you ' Yeah you have to do that as well, yeah that's right'- you will ask "okay Sir- but where is it written on the website that it has to be done?- The man will arrogantly tell you ' It is the procedure, you have to follow Sir" I am like ' thank you Sir, you are very helpful, it would have been better if the same info would be on the websitel'

the representative might then hang up and make fun of how dumb NRIs are to his coworkers sitting in the office and how smart people like them are working and slogging in india,

Modiji.....kuch kijiye please...this process is very confusing
      Last edited by TheKonkanidude1990; 05-16-2016, 02:33 PM. Reason: Missed a line

Comment

Dear Applicant,

We request you to share your queries and contact details at [email protected] to better assist you.

Please mention the link of this post in your email.

Regards,
        CKGS USA Team

Comment

Originally posted by CKGS Visa Services View Post
          Dear Applicant,

We request you to share your queries and contact details at [email protected] to better assist you.

Please mention the link of this post in your email.

Regards,
          CKGS USA Team
          I've seen so many of these emails..
          why doesn't CKGS start by making attempts to clear up some of the confusing instructions in the first place? Perhaps CKGS employees are content with the status quo there.. low pay low morale?

Comment

Originally posted by ctdesi View Post
            Hi,

Like you I also got the message that the next update will be in 6 -8 weeks. However, I did get the update in a matter of 3-4 days instead.

Although everyone's experience may be different but I think 6-8 weeks is an extreme case where they just want to make sure you don't get on their back if it gets delayed. Just shows first how insensitive they are and second, how inefficient they are that for something that normally takes a few days they want to give themselves lee way to mess up !

Long story short, I think you should keep checking the online status and should get an update soon. I don't think its going to be 6-8 weeks.
            3-4 days to get update from the initial process? the total stander turn around time is 2 months, from the date of submited for review by consulate not just received at ckgs. if application had been pending, obviously the pending period is not counted.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X