What's the point of OCI matchup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the point of OCI matchup?

I just completed my OCI process and I still don't understand the reason for OCI match process. You sent in your original passport and other docs that are verified and returned to you by the consulate. Then a month or so later, you sent in your passport again, before they sent you the OCI card. There is nothing added to the passport at this point, so why add this seemingly unnecessary and useless step.

Any one know the answer?

Originally posted by PI314 View Post
    I just completed my OCI process and I still don't understand the reason for OCI match process. You sent in your original passport and other docs that are verified and returned to you by the consulate. Then a month or so later, you sent in your passport again, before they sent you the OCI card. There is nothing added to the passport at this point, so why add this seemingly unnecessary and useless step.

Any one know the answer?
    I asked this question to helpline.. no answer from them too... they told.. they are just following the process..

Comment

The only thing I can think of is that is a step left over from the days when the Consulate used to add the U visa sticker in the passport. They are not doing the U sticker any more, but just never got around to removing the unnecessary step.

Comment

This is not uncommon when dealing with the Indian government!

Indian government loves bureaucracy, and they are progressing in that direction for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by jvnanavaty View Post
          Indian government loves bureaucracy, and they are progressing in that direction for sure!
          Update:

The Consulate General of India, Washington, DC has officially posted this travel advisory:

It’s 2021, and it’s time to make some changes. From now on, Indianembassy.org will run under a new name: UKMoney.net. You will find the latest news and honest online broker reviews. Go to the UKMoney.net homepage.  

They have got us chained, guys!

Comment

Originally posted by jvnanavaty View Post
            Update:

The Consulate General of India, Washington, DC has officially posted this travel advisory:

It’s 2021, and it’s time to make some changes. From now on, Indianembassy.org will run under a new name: UKMoney.net. You will find the latest news and honest online broker reviews. Go to the UKMoney.net homepage.  

They have got us chained, guys!
            This still contains old info (Ex: sticker - which is no longer used). Also there have given a PDF link which contains no header / footer.. How can they publish some info without proper header and footer?!?!?!?!?

Comment

PDF is from the official website

Originally posted by sunrag1 View Post
              This still contains old info (Ex: sticker - which is no longer used). Also there have given a PDF link which contains no header / footer.. How can they publish some info without proper header and footer?!?!?!?!?
              The PDF link is from this website (which is the embassy of India's website):

Comment

Any one know the answer?
                too simple! did you turn in the physical ppt at the time of submission? no right? just ppt copy isn't it? so oci will need to verify the physical document.

Comment

Originally posted by proonindiandoc View Post
                  too simple! did you turn in the physical ppt at the time of submission? no right? just ppt copy isn't it? so oci will need to verify the physical document.

Any one know the answer?
                  I have highlighted the section that you failed to read in your hurry to add to the post count.

Comment

I have highlighted the section that you failed to read in your hurry to add to the post count.
                    there's no such requirements for requesting original passport at the beginning of OCI process for all states centers, that also never applied to San Francisco center as well, all these stupid idea was from the CGI of DC, and he removed it after couple of months because of all the complain from his People. the original passport as well as PIO card if apply for in lieu of PIO, will only ask when OCI is ready for match up. i had said hundreds of time here, you can search

Comment

Originally posted by proonindiandoc View Post
                      there's no such requirements for requesting original passport at the beginning of OCI process for all states centers, that also never applied to San Francisco center as well, all these stupid idea was from the CGI of DC, and he removed it after couple of months because of all the complain from his People. the original passport as well as PIO card if apply for in lieu of PIO, will only ask when OCI is ready for match up. i had said hundreds of time here, you can search
                      I had to sent mine twice to Houston when I applied. That's where I am coming from.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X