Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CKGS/Fedex lost my daughter's U.S. Passport / renewed OCI card

Folks,

I had applied for my daughter's renewed OCI card after she got her new passport.
    The procedure is as painful as the original OCI application. After 2 months of the processing CKGS got the match up done & shipped passport back by Fedex.
    Fedex lost the package. CKGS is very evasive in its response & asks me to contact Fedex.

It is CKGS which has the agreement with Fedex & insist on buying Fedex shipment through CKGS.
    ckgs.us is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, ckgs.us has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

When I call CKGS, after 20 minute wait the call goes to India & they tell that there is not much they can do.
    When I spoke to Fedex, they say sender does not have any service level agreement with them. Apparently Fedex is not expected to collect delivery signature.
    CKGS is being very callous & irresponsible. They do not even want to contact Fedex.

Has anyone in the forum dealt with such a situation before. Will I be required to start the procedure all over again spending time & money.
    Will there be any response if I call up the consulate?

Thanks in Advance,
    Manjunath

If I were you, I would work with Fedex.
    When you say it's lost, was it out for delivery? Did it ship at all?
    Check with your neighbors in case it was delivered to the wrong place. Most probably, if it was delivered to the wrong place, someone will either give it to Fedex or contact you (fingers crossed.)

I don't think CKGS will be of any help other than issue you new copies.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion. Fedex called back & said they located my package.
      I had opened case with them 4 days ago. They never responded.
      I heard from them after I posted here - Coincidence? OR, Probably they reacted after CKGS reached out to them.

Thanks to the forum.
      Manjunath

Comment

No support from FedEx /CKGS for OCI minor

I drop my FedEx courier for both of my minor kids on January 2nd 2019 for an overnight delivery to ckgs at 11 in the morning , its been 4 days now and when I track on FedEx it shows Shipping label has been created. The status will be updated when shipment begins to travel. I am surprised that overnight delivery will take how much time to reach CKGS SAN FRANCISCO from Anaheim , its been 4 days now and the status has not changed

I contacted CKGS via email and they said me to wait , I am not impatient but when you can't see that the shipment hasn't been moved , your mind obviously will have the negative thoughts that what happened to the package

I contact FedEx on January 3rd 2019 and all they email me is the following

Thank you for your inquiry.

We received your message and are routing it to the person at FedEx who is most qualified to answer. We hope to be back with you shortly.
        In the meantime, you have several ways to get some fast answers:
        - Track the status of your shipment online: http://www.fedex.com/Tracking

its been 3 days , they haven't routed to the right person who can tell me what exactly happened

now whom should I blame for the delayed or lost courier , well I don't know the status yet , both my kids original passport is there, I contact the local fedex person where I dropped my package he said that its already been out for delivery won January 2nd 2019 so what went wrong
        I Gould really appreciate if someone could advice me on how can I really deal with this issue

Comment

Originally posted by mastan.ethames View Post
          I drop my FedEx courier for both of my minor kids on January 2nd 2019 for an overnight delivery to ckgs at 11 in the morning , its been 4 days now and when I track on FedEx it shows Shipping label has been created. The status will be updated when shipment begins to travel. I am surprised that overnight delivery will take how much time to reach CKGS SAN FRANCISCO from Anaheim , its been 4 days now and the status has not changed

I contacted CKGS via email and they said me to wait , I am not impatient but when you can't see that the shipment hasn't been moved , your mind obviously will have the negative thoughts that what happened to the package

We received your message and are routing it to the person at FedEx who is most qualified to answer. We hope to be back with you shortly.

its been 3 days , they haven't routed to the right person who can tell me what exactly happened

now whom should I blame for the delayed or lost courier , well I don't know the status yet , both my kids original passport is there, I contact the local fedex person where I dropped my package he said that its already been out for delivery won January 2nd 2019 so what went wrong
          I Gould really appreciate if someone could advice me on how can I really deal with this issue

Be patient
          This is strictly an opinion and should not be misconstrued as legal advice. The use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

-Krypton9591

Comment

Originally posted by mastan.ethames View Post
            No support from FedEx /CKGS for OCI minor

Hello,
            i lost my sons passport as well fedex says it delivered at home in front of door where as i didnt find my package. have u reapplied ?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X