Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions on New OCI for Minor - SFO

Hello All,

I am going through the irritating process of OCI application. Any help on the below questions will be highly appreciated.

I have completed Section A and B and have uploaded, photo, signature, birthcertificate and passport. Also took printout of the same. The site mentions self attesting the docs, so my questions are

1. Do I need to notarize any of the documents? If yes, what are the documents that needs to be notarized?
    2. For sending the initial set of application can I ship from FedEx directly or should I go through the shipping option in CKGS website?
    3. Do we need to send any local US address proof? Should it be notarized?
    4. Can I pay online for SFO office? Getting error as application not found and hence the ask.

Originally posted by Bismeen View Post
    Hello All,

I am going through the irritating process of OCI application. Any help on the below questions will be highly appreciated.

I have completed Section A and B and have uploaded, photo, signature, birthcertificate and passport. Also took printout of the same. The site mentions self attesting the docs, so my questions are

1. Do I need to notarize any of the documents? If yes, what are the documents that needs to be notarized?
    2. For sending the initial set of application can I ship from FedEx directly or should I go through the shipping option in CKGS website?
    4. Can I pay online for SFO office? Getting error as application not found and hence the ask.
    Dear Applicant,

We request you to share queries at [email protected] to better assist you.

Please mention the link of this post in your email.

Regards,
    CKGS USA Team

Comment

I'll try and save you some trouble from contacting CKGS.
      Even though they have a website, their documentation is super-confusing. At least it keeps their support people employed

Hello All,

See this for a comprehensive check-list: https://www.in.ckgs.us/oci/oci-categ...us-minor.shtml
      In case the link above doesn't work, it's step 4 (Documents Checklist and Forms) in the OCI application online.

Self-attested means that you have to state "This is a true copy of the original" and sign below.
      You do not need to notarize something that's self-attested.

Also, since this is for a minor, please make sure both parents sign on all the forms (wherever the minor's signature is required.)

They don't care how it gets to them. I used USPS Priority mail for $7. It provides a tracking number and takes 2 business days.

Yes, see the link of documents above. I sent a copy of my US drivers license. The copy was notarized.

Yes, if you can get back to your form, you can pay online.
      Try: https://www.in.ckgs.us/myaccount/
      Last edited by oci-family; 07-18-2016, 04:29 AM.

Comment

Hello All,

inbox me if you need assistance. full service is included

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X