Name Mismatch in US and Indian Passport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name Mismatch in US and Indian Passport

I am trying to apply for Renunciation of Indian Citizenship. I filled the forms online and when the renunciation form was generated, my name was wrongly printed on it.
    Indian Passport : Surname : blank, Given name : Iqbal Durrani
    U.S Passport : Surname: Durrani, Given Name: Iqbal
    Renunciation Form : Durrani Iqbal Durrani

Do you think this would be a problem when i submit my application for renunciation. In the checklist it is mentioned as "The applicant’s Name should appear the same way as in the Indian passport even if the name in the US / Non US passport is different"

Please let me know if anyone else faced this issue and how did it go with them for renunciation.

Originally posted by masnif View Post
    I am trying to apply for Renunciation of Indian Citizenship. I filled the forms online and when the renunciation form was generated, my name was wrongly printed on it.
    Indian Passport : Surname : blank, Given name : Iqbal Durrani
    U.S Passport : Surname: Durrani, Given Name: Iqbal
    Renunciation Form : Durrani Iqbal Durrani

Do you think this would be a problem when i submit my application for renunciation. In the checklist it is mentioned as "The applicant’s Name should appear the same way as in the Indian passport even if the name in the US / Non US passport is different"

Please let me know if anyone else faced this issue and how did it go with them for renunciation.
    sorry to tell you yes. you will need to create another application and the name should be appear exactly the same as your latest Indian passport

Comment

Originally posted by proonindiandoc View Post
      sorry to tell you yes. you will need to create another application and the name should be appear exactly the same as your latest Indian passport
      Thank you for the response.
      I created another renunciation application and entered the name as is mentioned in my Indian Passport/US passport but for some reason the final form shows the name incorrectly as Last NAME in US PASSPORT and GIVEN NAME IN INDIAN PASSPORT which in my case is Durrani Iqbal Durrani.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X