Obtaining an Indian visa for a US RESIDENT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obtaining an Indian visa for a US RESIDENT

Hello I am a British citizen and I am a US resident. I hold a green card. I applied for a tourist visa via CKGS and I went to the office in San Francisco to submit the application in person on July 18th.

They told me it can take up to two weeks for it to be processed. (I also read on this website that it can take up to 1-2 weeks for a non US citizen).
    I've been tracking the status online and since July 19th and still today (July 22nd) my status has been pending as "under process, at consulate for decision making"

Can anybody (from experience) tell me if they received their visas in a timely manner? I understand my process might take longer as I am not a US Citizen.

I will be flying out to India on August 3rd.

If worst comes to worst can I go to the Indian embassy in San Francisco and withdraw my passport then apply for an e-visa online?

(I should of done that in the first place as I'm only going to india for 2 weeks).

So I'm hoping some one can share their experience with me, non US citizens and even US citizens.

Thank you,

Ravi.

Stay away from CKGS!

I recommend staying away from CKGS. For your purpose, eTourist visa seems to be the best option (unless you wish to stay longer than 30 days in India). If you can somehow withdraw your application and get your passport back, then you will be able to go through the eTourist visa application on-line and get your visa in four days.

Comment

Originally posted by RaviSingh1992 View Post
      Hello I am a British citizen and I am a US resident. I hold a green card. I applied for a tourist visa via CKGS and I went to the office in San Francisco to submit the application in person on July 18th.

They told me it can take up to two weeks for it to be processed. (I also read on this website that it can take up to 1-2 weeks for a non US citizen).
      I've been tracking the status online and since July 19th and still today (July 22nd) my status has been pending as "under process, at consulate for decision making"

Can anybody (from experience) tell me if they received their visas in a timely manner? I understand my process might take longer as I am not a US Citizen.

I will be flying out to India on August 3rd.

If worst comes to worst can I go to the Indian embassy in San Francisco and withdraw my passport then apply for an e-visa online?

(I should of done that in the first place as I'm only going to india for 2 weeks).

So I'm hoping some one can share their experience with me, non US citizens and even US citizens.

Thank you,

Ravi.
      They took a week for a US citizen. I think you should be fine.
      If you don't see any activity by Thursday, go to them on Friday with a confirmed ticket and they'll speed things up.
      The advantage of a regular visa is that it's usually for 10 years and you won't have to worry about it for a while.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X