Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

eTourist visa: What kind of delay to expect for biometric procedure at Mumbai airport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eTourist visa: What kind of delay to expect for biometric procedure at Mumbai airport

I am considering to get eTourist visa for my next visit to India. My two children will also have eTourist visa and are travelling with me. Does anyone know as to approximately how much time it will take for the biometric procedures at the immigration check counter upon arrival in Mumbai (once we get to the counter, I mean).
    Last edited by ProNRI; 07-22-2016, 08:00 PM. Reason: clarity

My family just went and they said that it was the fastest processing they've ever seen at any airport.
    They were out in less than 15 mins.

Mumbai airport has a very efficient process. They are very easy to deal with.

Comment

Great to know!

Originally posted by oci-family View Post
      My family just went and they said that it was the fastest processing they've ever seen at any airport.
      They were out in less than 15 mins.

Mumbai airport has a very efficient process. They are very easy to deal with.
      Thank you! Great to know! It is ironic that we have to get eTourist visa despite having OCI for myself and my minor children, because there is no guarantee that the immigration officers at the Mumbai airport will NOT give us a hard time due to the age related rule (which requires reissue of OCI cards upon passport renewals at the ages that we are at). Therefore, I am keeping eTourist visas as a safety net for all three of us, because our passports are recently renewed, and we are outside the age range of 21 to 49 years).

Comment

Originally posted by ProNRI View Post
        Thank you! Great to know! It is ironic that we have to get eTourist visa despite having OCI for myself and my minor children, because there is no guarantee that the immigration officers at the Mumbai airport will NOT give us a hard time due to the age related rule (which requires reissue of OCI cards upon passport renewals at the ages that we are at). Therefore, I am keeping eTourist visas as a safety net for all three of us, because our passports are recently renewed, and we are outside the age range of 21 to 49 years).
        My teenage nephew, who also traveled at the same time with his PIO, old US passport and new US passport, had no issues during immigration.

I don't know if the experience is the same at all Indian airports but I can say that the Mumbai airport is no problem at all. I wouldn't worry about it.

Comment

PIO vs. OCI

Originally posted by oci-family View Post
          My teenage nephew, who also traveled at the same time with his PIO, old US passport and new US passport, had no issues during immigration.

I don't know if the experience is the same at all Indian airports but I can say that the Mumbai airport is no problem at all. I wouldn't worry about it.
          Thanks for the info, but the age related rules are very specific to OCI card holders only. PIO still has the advantage of escaping such confinement while it is valid (until December 31, 2016).

However, it is a shame that the OCI reissue requirement rule just lingers over our head, like a sword hanging by a piece of hair!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X