Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For "Additional Particulars Form" question "any previous nationality held ? NEE HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For "Additional Particulars Form" question "any previous nationality held ? NEE HELP

For "Additional Particulars Form" question "any previous nationality held ? from what year to what year do you put ?

Im a US Citizen through naturalization but born in India. So for that question it asks you what year to what year do you add ? India is already locked in . But what year to what year do you put. Is it from you're date of birth until you got ure US citizenship? Or the year of issue to expiry on you're last recent indian passport ?

This is so confusing....

Originally posted by chrismatt83 View Post
    For "Additional Particulars Form" question "any previous nationality held ? from what year to what year do you put ?

Im a US Citizen through naturalization but born in India. So for that question it asks you what year to what year do you add ? India is already locked in . But what year to what year do you put. Is it from you're date of birth until you got ure US citizenship? Or the year of issue to expiry on you're last recent indian passport ?

This is so confusing....
    This should not be confusing! You are a citizen of the country you are born in, until the date you proactively take citizenship of another country. Therefore you should consider the date you were 'Naturalized' by the US Govt.

Comment

SO one would think that if you are born in India you are a native of that country until you become a US citizen. What confusing about this section is that right next to this, there is an option to enter in ure most recent Indian passport and then right under that the " from year" to end year" So after calling ckgs customer support, they told me that its not the year of birth. Infact its ure recent indian passport issue till expiry. This is how bad this site and everything with this process is. You have to second guessing everything. I don't even want to know what the oci nightmare is going to be like..

Comment

I had the same confusion about this question, I am applying for OCI. My brother and sister-in-law both applied and got OCI. They both followed the same interpretation as prishi, namely, year-of-birth until year-of-naturalization. So maybe they accept both kinds of answers.

Comment

Hi chrismatt83 I am in same boat. This is the last thing pending on my application before I post it out. Please let me know what date you put, whether it was passport from and to date or birth year to year of naturalization!

Comment

Please refer to what prishi posted above. This should not be confusing. You can be a citizen even if you don't have a passport!

Comment

hi i found this post as part of doing my renunciation and just to conclude we should be putting the Year of Birth in the From Year and Year of of new citizenship acquired in the To Date. If you look at the drop down its clearly filtering out the year and the earliest year you see is the year of birth which the system is deriving from the Date of birth you entered in the previous page.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X