Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passport Renewal - Chicago Consulate

Hi Guys,

I applied for passport renewal in Chicago-CKGS and it's been pending with Consulate from the last 3 weeks. When I checked with CKGS team, they are saying application pending with consulate for decision making.

Did anyone applied for the passport renewal in Chicago Jurisdiction this year(2018)? If so are you experiencing the same delay ? Can I reach out to consulate this case or should I wait for some more time ?.

Please help.

Thanks,

Renewal delays in Chicago

Same here.. Applied 3rd Feb at Chicago for renewal. Was told that there is a 'technical' issue and that renewals are going to be delayed an extra 10 days. It seems they are being sent to Delhi to make passports and is causing the delay. Any info on how long it took people to receive their passport recently?

Originally posted by haranath9 View Post
    Hi Guys,

I applied for passport renewal in Chicago-CKGS and it's been pending with Consulate from the last 3 weeks. When I checked with CKGS team, they are saying application pending with consulate for decision making.

Did anyone applied for the passport renewal in Chicago Jurisdiction this year(2018)? If so are you experiencing the same delay ? Can I reach out to consulate this case or should I wait for some more time ?.

Please help.

Thanks,

Comment

Hi Guys,

Please help.

Thanks,
      Hello,

Do you have nay updated on the passport ? I am in the similar situation and also waiting from last 3 weeks.

Thanks

Comment

I have applied on Feb 7th. On Feb 9th the status was "Application is 'Under Process' at Consulate for decision making." and it has not changed since.

Others, please update your experiences.

Comment

applied renewal on feb 2 houston, still at embassy process.
          JAN 2018 , GREEN CARD RECEIVED

AOS , 7 MONTHS TOTAL PROCESS TIME

Comment

loads of problems with passport.gov.in/nri website

Originally posted by guest_user1 View Post
            I have applied on Feb 7th. On Feb 9th the status was "Application is 'Under Process' at Consulate for decision making." and it has not changed since.

Others, please update your experiences.
            hi guys,
            This question is unrelated to processing times at the chicago consulate but I was wondering how you guys were able to fill out the online passport nri form on the government website passport.gov.in/nri/online.do. I have been trying since the last 4 days and all i get is a message "specified URL is inaccessible at this time".

Even if i get in somehow the website just doesn't let me upload my photo and I get Error Uploading message. Has anyone been able to fill out this form on the government website?

Any help will be highly appreciated, i just want to find out if i am doing something wrong or their website is down for everyone.

thanks,
            AJ

Comment

passport.gov.in/nri error message specified url is inaccessible at this time

Hi Guys,

Please help.

Thanks,
              hi guys,
              This question is unrelated to processing times at the chicago consulate but I was wondering how you guys were able to fill out the online passport nri form on the government website passport.gov.in/nri/online.do. I have been trying since the last 4 days and all i get is a message "specified URL is inaccessible at this time".

Even if i get in somehow the website just doesn't let me upload my photo and I get Error Uploading message. Has anyone been able to fill out this form on the government website?

Any help will be highly appreciated, i just want to find out if i am doing something wrong or their website is down for everyone.

thanks,
              AJ

Comment

Originally posted by anjum1987 View Post
                hi guys,

thanks,
                AJ

use chrome, it worked fine for me. no need to upload photos if your are pasting photos on forms.
                JAN 2018 , GREEN CARD RECEIVED

AOS , 7 MONTHS TOTAL PROCESS TIME

Comment

Originally posted by anjum1987 View Post
                  hi guys,

thanks,
                  AJ
                  Try visiting: https://passport.gov.in/nri/

And then click on Online Registration Form. If you have partially filled the form already , choose "Complete Partially Filled Registration Form"

Comment

Hi Guys,

Please help.

Thanks,
                    My situation is the same, Do you have any update on this?

Comment

I have the same issue. Applied on 5th Feb. Still under process at the Chicago consulate. Did any one get their applications processed in February.

Thanks
                      SSQ

Comment

Originally posted by ssq View Post
                        I have the same issue. Applied on 5th Feb. Still under process at the Chicago consulate. Did any one get their applications processed in February.

Thanks
                        SSQ
                        My passport is at the ckgs and they are sorting it to send it to me as of 02/28/2018 10 am. I applied on Feb 5th.

Comment

Originally posted by Siraj Wynad View Post
                          My passport is at the ckgs and they are sorting it to send it to me as of 02/28/2018 10 am. I applied on Feb 5th.
                          Thank you for the update. Did you have to call them or was the status updated online?

Comment

Originally posted by guest_user1 View Post
                            Thank you for the update. Did you have to call them or was the status updated online?
                            I called at consulate three times and ckgs at least twice(they charge you 2.59$ per minute btw). You have to insist on talking to someone in charge otherwise the lady at the reception wouldn't give you any info nor do they let you talk to anyone in charge. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Siraj Wynad View Post
                              I called at consulate three times and ckgs at least twice(they charge you 2.59$ per minute btw). You have to insist on talking to someone in charge otherwise the lady at the reception wouldn't give you any info nor do they let you talk to anyone in charge. Good luck!
                              Thank you for that information. I think it is ridiculous that they charged you for inquiring status about your application.
                              And congrats on getting your passport renewed.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X