Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query about OCI registration form - Part A - minor signature

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone who has recently applied for OCI for a minor could help me with a clarification.
    This is about OCI registration form - Part A which is obtained from Govt. of India website after filling in details in the website. After I print the form I see that thumb impression picture of minor that I uploaded previously (while filling the form) is already available in the signature box below the box to affix picture. However, the instructions say minor applicant should provide thumb impression in the form. Can someone kindly clarify? Is thumb impression to be actually provided in the form or does uploading picture of thumb impression automatically adds the thumb impression?
    In case thumb impression is to be provided, how do I do it in the form? I did not see an option to not upload the impression or not have it automatically applied in the signature box when I print the form.

Thanks and much appreciated.

Originally posted by smonda5 View Post
    Hi,

I was wondering if anyone who has recently applied for OCI for a minor could help me with a clarification.
    This is about OCI registration form - Part A which is obtained from Govt. of India website after filling in details in the website. After I print the form I see that thumb impression picture of minor that I uploaded previously (while filling the form) is already available in the signature box below the box to affix picture. However, the instructions say minor applicant should provide thumb impression in the form. Can someone kindly clarify? Is thumb impression to be actually provided in the form or does uploading picture of thumb impression automatically adds the thumb impression?
    In case thumb impression is to be provided, how do I do it in the form? I did not see an option to not upload the impression or not have it automatically applied in the signature box when I print the form.

Thanks and much appreciated.
    I had contacted CKGS with regards to this and they said you have to provide thumb impression where ever asked. I just had to get the thumb impression again from my daughter in all the places. The process is really stupid, I cant understand why parents cannot sign for minor children. I would talk to CKGS because it seems like different consulate might be following a different process.

Comment

Originally posted by bharath23 View Post
      I had contacted CKGS with regards to this and they said you have to provide thumb impression where ever asked. I just had to get the thumb impression again from my daughter in all the places. The process is really stupid, I cant understand why parents cannot sign for minor children. I would talk to CKGS because it seems like different consulate might be following a different process.
      If minor can sign/write name thats fine. Thats what CKGS mentioned to me.. My 5yrs old just wrote her name.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X