OCI Validity for 50+ years age

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCI Validity for 50+ years age

I am traveling to India and I read on ?/oci-card/?, that if you are over 50 years, you need to get the new OCI when you get a new passport.

My current US passport was issued in 2010 when I was 42 years and will expire when I will be 52.

I am planning to travel next month when I will be 50 years old.

Is this mean, I have to ?re-apply? for my OCI card, even though I don?t need new passport ?

Thanks in advance for quick response.

FAQ from CKGS website

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    I am traveling to India and I read on ?/oci-card/?, that if you are over 50 years, you need to get the new OCI when you get a new passport.

My current US passport was issued in 2010 when I was 42 years and will expire when I will be 52.

I am planning to travel next month when I will be 50 years old.

Is this mean, I have to ?re-apply? for my OCI card, even though I don?t need new passport ?

Thanks in advance for quick response.
    Here is the FAQ on this topic. Looks like the answer for your question is YES, re-apply. So, if you get your OCI when you are 49, you have to re-apply in one year. Doesn't make sense to me, but that is what I understand from this FAQ. It doesn't say "if you turned 50 AND you received a new passport".

Q.11. I am over 50 years of age can I travel on the same OCI card?
    You will have to apply for reissue of OCI card only if your OCI card was issued to you before you turned 50 or the passport number in your OCI card is different from your latest valid passport. If you got your first or reissued OCI card after you turned 50, then you can travel on the same OCI card.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X