Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

On OCI application no option for legally separated.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On OCI application no option for legally separated.

Well, I have another confusion....
    1.I finished my portion CKCS website where it asked me if I am married..and I said yes because I did not find any separate option for legally separated. It was either single / divorced or married... .we are legally separated are still considered married ..we are definitely not divorced..after legal separation there is another filing for divorce so we are not at all divorced. We are even filing tax return jointly as married. More over I was born in India and applying on basis of my Indian origin and not applying on my spouse's status..my spouse has no interest in OCI she is US citizen by birth ...so did I make any mistake when I chose married ?

2. Also even on OCI govt. website it is asking me if I am married and even on that website there is no option for legally separated ..so is it ok if I choose married ?

Again in our staste legal separation is different than divorced.
    Last edited by curiousv; 03-24-2018, 05:17 PM.

Just give a try

Originally posted by curiousv View Post
    Well, I have another confusion....
    1.I finished my portion CKCS website where it asked me if I am married..and I said yes because I did not find any separate option for legally separated. It was either single / divorced or married... .we are legally separated are still considered married ..we are definitely not divorced..after legal separation there is another filing for divorce so we are not at all divorced. We are even filing tax return jointly as married. More over I was born in India and applying on basis of my Indian origin and not applying on my spouse's status..my spouse has no interest in OCI she is US citizen by birth ...so did I make any mistake when I chose married ?

2. Also even on OCI govt. website it is asking me if I am married and even on that website there is no option for legally separated ..so is it ok if I choose married ?

Again in our staste legal separation is different than divorced.
    You don't need his/her signature, just the documents. If you can get hold of his/her passport copy and your marriage certificate, you can even file as married. Just work around the system, don't be picky about what exactly it should be. Call CKGS and ask for help, they do provide good suggestions, but just be patient with them. If you can't get hold of her/his passport, just attach/upload the legal separation document. Like you said, it is you and your ancestry you are using, the application has lot of unwanted stuff, just make the best you can. Worse case you will loose the application and postal cost. That is not costly as lot other things in your life.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X