PIO - Hand Written - valod 2019 - Passport mentioned expired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PIO - Hand Written - valod 2019 - Passport mentioned expired

I had applied for PIO for son which is valid till 2019 and is hand written.
    Traveled earlier to India. Now planning to travel next month. In the meantime , the passport mentioned in the PIO has expired and got a new US Passport.
    Will the PIO be still valid or I have to get it changed as the passport details mentioned in the PIO are not relevant.

Please advise
    Thanks
    JA

Carry the old passport too

The same question is on the next message!! Same person?

Carry both old and new passport with the PIO card. The same applies for visa too. My son traveled with old passport with visa and new passport..

Comment

Originally posted by Liberty48 View Post
      The same question is on the next message!! Same person?

Carry both old and new passport with the PIO card. The same applies for visa too. My son traveled with old passport with visa and new passport..
      Thanks, for the info
      I find that the PIO mentions the passport details of the passport which was has been renewed twice. Cannot find any link between the PIO mentioned Passport and the next two .

PIO - Mentioned US Passport A
      renewed US Passport B
      LATEST renewed Passport C
      - Find there is no link between the old and new passport numbers in United States

is it , OK to carry all the three Passport A,B,C and PIO TO iNDIA? Or should get a EVISA?
      Please advice

Comment

Carry all

Originally posted by sundel01 View Post
        Thanks, for the info
        I find that the PIO mentions the passport details of the passport which was has been renewed twice. Cannot find any link between the PIO mentioned Passport and the next two .

PIO - Mentioned US Passport A
        renewed US Passport B
        LATEST renewed Passport C
        - Find there is no link between the old and new passport numbers in United States

is it , OK to carry all the three Passport A,B,C and PIO TO iNDIA? Or should get a EVISA?
        Please advice
        Don't have any experience with your situation. The airline is going to check if you have the visa/PIO/OCI and a valid passport. They are not going to check your passport history, but it is good to carry all in this situation. Show only the passport linked to PIO and the new passport. If they ask for all, show them. Share your experience when you come back, so it will help others.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X