Please perform address check - stuck on this screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please perform address check - stuck on this screen

I believe multiple people are facing this issue. However I didn't find a specific solution, so I am starting a new thread. I am in the process of submitting my renunciation certificate and stuck in the last page where I have put in address (one for sending documents to CKGS and another for receiving from them). First time I was fancy and tried a different shipping out and receiving address (for convenience). However upon seeing this vague error "Please perform address check", I suspected maybe the morons who designed the website didn't have a way to handle multiple addresses. So I put in the same address as was in the original form both for shipping out and receiving. Still same error.
    Someone said try Chrome. So I went through that. Same error.
    I suspected maybe it has something to do with the address formatting vs how USPS may be handling it. Tried changing the sequence of building number and street name, same error. Tried changing carriers from USPS to Fedex. Same error.
    FAQ's on CKGS website are not addressing issues with their website itself (hmm I wonder why). From reading other forum posts, appear CKGS is not great on customer service (not surprised).

So anyone have any other ideas I can try and get across this step? If I had an option of stepping back two screens to edit the address formatting that would have been worth a shot. But no, I cannot go back. Either be stuck here or start a new application all over again

Any pointers appreciated !!

Hello Sir,

Is your problem resolved?
    I am also facing this issue. Could you please guide me?

I am stuck. Please help.

Comment

I am currently filling up passport re-issue application in USA for my "going to expire" indian passport. While filling in forms I reached to fill in shipping form. However when I select my current address, the available shipping option is "Fedex overnight". Once I select that option and click on "Check if Fedex service available in your location", nothing happens. I also tried to select "Fedex office locator" on location finder but it didn't work too.

Please guide me too.

I am stuck. Help.

Comment

It looks like the Address Box 2 can only accept Numbers. I saw people had different issues - For me, I only entered my apt number without "APT#" and it worked. It appears that javascript validation is not working correctly on that page.

Comment

Some suggestions - 1. Try on a different browser. 2. Check if there is a button or link to verify the address. I remember there was one for FedEx address checking. It makes sure you have entered the address in the right format and also gives the option to choose the correct format if the format is not correct. 3. Try the address on USPS () and use the correct address suggest there.
          Last edited by ceci1073; 08-13-2020, 10:21 AM. Reason: Link

Comment

Hi, Is the address check issue fixed for anyone. Please help.

Comment

On May 30, 2020 weekend there was an issue with selecting Fedex Overnight service as it was just spinning for a long time with no response and only own airway bill option worked. Later in the week it automatically fixed and able to select FedEx shipping and need to enter APT # in the second Address line or else it wont detect the residential address automatically. Just sharing my personal experience if that helps.

Comment

Hi, Do anyone see workarounds for this? Am seeing only UPS option and address check is failing with below message.

"It seems address entered by you is not correct please verify that street address is entered in address Field 1 and Suite/Appartment is entered in Addresss Field 2."

As vj1984 mentioned, looks like Address 2 field has issues. If i enter only numbers, then it is responding with suggestions. But my apartment number is alphanumeric and stuck in this step.

Comment

Originally posted by kssnatha View Post
                  Hi, Do anyone see workarounds for this? Am seeing only UPS option and address check is failing with below message.

"It seems address entered by you is not correct please verify that street address is entered in address Field 1 and Suite/Appartment is entered in Addresss Field 2."

As vj1984 mentioned, looks like Address 2 field has issues. If i enter only numbers, then it is responding with suggestions. But my apartment number is alphanumeric and stuck in this step.
                  Please let me know if your issue resolved. I am having same issue. thank you.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X