Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Indian Passport lost by UPS while returning from renewal application from CKGS-SF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This also happened to me. UPS lost our new OCI card that supposed to be delivered Sep 17. They lost the package at their facility. I've opened an investigation with UPS.

Please update with your experience or any other details to follow-up with UPS. Does any of you got any reimbursement from UPS?

Comment

I am in the same situation , New OCI was supposed to be delivered on 2nd October but UPS has lost the package , I have opened an investigation too on UPS to trace the package .

what are the next steps for us , if we want to get OCI from CKGS , do we have to fill new application for lost OCI or new OCI . Can embassy reprint the OCI based on previous application and send again with the additional fee .

anyone has any idea on this , any suggestions/ advice will help.

thanks

Comment

After continuous follow up with UPS , they finally found the package stuck in conveyor belt with greasy oil
        and crashed , luckily the OCI booklet was not damaged only the sides were rubbed a little bit but else it was fine .

Thanked that lady who found the package , finally got OCI.

Comment

This also happened to me.

UPS lost my new OCI card that supposed to be delivered Sep 20th, 2020. They lost the package at their facility. As per the tracking it shows the package is scanned and picked up by UPS on Sep 19th, 2020. So far until now i did not received the package. I've opened an investigation with UPS.
          Within 4 days UPS declared recklessly that they lost the package and closed the investigation and turned my case to Claims. So now the claim has started now UPS tells me that the sender of the package must reach to them in order to process the claim, whereas the sender is CKGS. CKGS is not responding and supporting to anything. And as got to know their contract ends nowhere i can receive any help. planned to go and visit my elderly parents and donno what i must do.

Please update with your experience or any other details to follow-up with UPS. Does any of you got any reimbursement from UPS? For me UPS tells me that if the sender does not respond they cannot do anything and can’t proceed with the claim. If in case the sender (CKGS) responds, then UPS will send the reimbursement to CKGS and CKGS must send to us. how in the world this is correct?

Any help appreciated, i am seeking help for the below

What are the next steps for us, if we want to get OCI from CKGS, do we have to fill new application for lost OCI or new OCI. As i am verifying in CKGS website, need to apply as Damage/Lost OCI. But in that process, we need to submit the copy of the original OCI, where i did not even received the original.
          Does anyone know, If/Can embassy reprint the OCI based on previous application and send again with the additional fee.

Comment

UPS lost and then found my passport from CKGS. Story below. Hope this is helpful for the future reader

Passport while with UPS below
            Delivered 10/19/2020 2:14 P.M. YYYY YYYY X, MA, US DELIVERED

Proof of DeliveryOpen the link in a new window
            Out for Delivery 10/19/2020 8:42 A.M. Wilmington, MA, United States Out For Delivery Today
            10/19/2020 8:10 A.M. Wilmington, MA, United States Destination Scan
            10/17/2020 3:56 A.M. Wilmington, MA, United States Arrived at Facility
            10/17/2020 3:55 A.M. Chelmsford, MA, United States Departed from Facility
            10/16/2020 10:29 P.M. Chelmsford, MA, United States Arrived at Facility
            10/16/2020 10:13 P.M. Nashua, NH, United States Departed from Facility
            10/16/2020 7:25 A.M. Nashua, NH, United States We've incorrectly sorted this package which may cause a delay.
            10/13/2020 5:41 P.M. Wilmington, MA, United States We're attempting to verify the package location. / Claim issued.
            10/07/2020 8:51 P.M. Wilmington, MA, United States We're attempting to verify the package location. / Investigation only
            10/01/2020 1:06 A.M. Hartford, CT, United States Arrived at Facility
            09/30/2020 10:30 P.M. New York, NY, United States Departed from Facility
            09/30/2020 9:07 P.M. New York, NY, United States Origin Scan
            Shipped 09/30/2020 3:00 P.M. New York, NY, United States Pickup Scan
            Label Created 09/30/2020 2:06 P.M. United States Order Processed: Ready for UPS

While in CKGS hands
            Sep 30, 2020 - Wednesday 02:14 pm Passport picked up by UPS.
            Sep 30, 2020 - Wednesday 10:47 am Passport ‘Received’ at the CKGS application centre and is at the ‘Sorting Facility’ where it is being processed for delivery. Sep 30, 2020 - Wednesday 10:46 am Application 'Reviewed' by Consulate and ‘In Transit’ to CKGS Application Centre.
            Sep 23, 2020 - Wednesday 08:54 am Application is 'Under Process' at Consulate for decision making. Please continue tracking your application status online. Sep 23, 2020 - Wednesday 08:44 am Application is 'In Transit' to the Consulate. Please continue tracking your application status online.
            Sep 22, 2020 - Tuesday 11:19 am Application is ‘Under Process’ at CKGS.
            Sep 21, 2020 - Monday 02:22 pm Application Verification is ‘Complete’.
            Sep 17, 2020 - Thursday 04:25 pm Application ‘Received’ by CKGS and 'Not Verified'.

Comment

This thread is no longer relevant as vendor has changed to VFS from November. Please don't activate old threads.

Originally posted by tanokosohana
              I think that this is a big fraud and you should ask the opinion form someone professional to see what really happened. People should be more careful with their personal documents.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X