Receiving naturalization certificate today; travel to India in 2 weeks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Receiving naturalization certificate today; travel to India in 2 weeks

I'm currently an Indian citizen attending the oath ceremony for naturalization today and need to fly to India in exactly two weeks time.

So far I've come up with these steps to assure I have all the paperwork for my travel to India:

1. Right after the oath ceremony, apply for an expedited US passport - I've read various information on how long it takes to get an expedited passport. Some say 2 days, some say 4-5 days.

2. Apply for an India e-visa online - the details on this are vary sparing. Is it possible to receive an e-visa in 3-4 business days? Ami even eligible for it?

If someone has any experience on immediate travels to India right after the oath ceremony, I would truly appreciate any feedback on what it takes.

Thanks KS very much in advance.

Originally posted by nadannath View Post
    I'm currently an Indian citizen attending the oath ceremony for naturalization today and need to fly to India in exactly two weeks time.

So far I've come up with these steps to assure I have all the paperwork for my travel to India:

1. Right after the oath ceremony, apply for an expedited US passport - I've read various information on how long it takes to get an expedited passport. Some say 2 days, some say 4-5 days.

2. Apply for an India e-visa online - the details on this are vary sparing. Is it possible to receive an e-visa in 3-4 business days? Ami even eligible for it?

If someone has any experience on immediate travels to India right after the oath ceremony, I would truly appreciate any feedback on what it takes.

Hi Did you figure out what to do? I am in similar situation. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by nadannath View Post

Upon successful submission of e-visa online, you should get an email(e-visa) within 2-3 days. Take couple of print outs of the email and you are all set. While entering & exiting india, you must have an hardcopy of the email .

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X