Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refund of Passport fees anyone?

Hello,

I paid about a $100 USD 5 years ago for Indian Passport renewal in Atlanta. Now I have acquired another citizenship and sent my passport for surrender/cancellation.
    IMO, I should be refunded $50 pro-rated for the usage of the passport. I am no longer going to use the services of the passport. Already paying so much for surrender fee.

Has anyone been able to get a refund when surrendering passport ? I called the consulate and no one answers the phone. I even tweeted to someone at MEA and no one bothered to reply. Its hard for me to believe I am the first one thinking on these lines?

Cheers,
    This is my opinion. Not a legal advice

Good idea

Originally posted by happybuddha View Post
    Hello,

I paid about a $100 USD 5 years ago for Indian Passport renewal in Atlanta. Now I have acquired another citizenship and sent my passport for surrender/cancellation.
    IMO, I should be refunded $50 pro-rated for the usage of the passport. I am no longer going to use the services of the passport. Already paying so much for surrender fee.

Has anyone been able to get a refund when surrendering passport ? I called the consulate and no one answers the phone. I even tweeted to someone at MEA and no one bothered to reply. Its hard for me to believe I am the first one thinking on these lines?

Cheers,
    Good idea! I saved half an apple yesterday. Let me see if the shop returns me half the price if I return the half apple before it gets rotten!!

Comment

Originally posted by Liberty48 View Post
      Good idea! I saved half an apple yesterday. Let me see if the shop returns me half the price if I return the half apple before it gets rotten!!
      Comparing returning of an eaten apple to surrendering a passport ? This has to be the greatest comparison of this year!
      A passport is an identification document a government (business) issued for a period of 10 years (this period was not my choice - but the governments). For this they charged $100. Now I no longer need that identification - I am paying to return that identification as surrender fees - it is only correct that the passport fees charged initially should be prorated and given back.
      This is my opinion. Not a legal advice

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X