OCI card - Affidavit in Lieu of Originals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCI card - Affidavit in Lieu of Originals

What exactly is an Affidavit in Lieu of Originals? Which original documents need to be notarized?

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by FX-2 View Post
    What exactly is an Affidavit in Lieu of Originals? Which original documents need to be notarized?

Thanks in advance.
    This is a list of items that you would be providing as evidence for acquiring OCI. So you should get it notarized from a Notary public stating that "The originals of the above supporting documents are in my possession and will be produced for verification if required by the Mission / Consulate for processing the OCI application"

I hope this answers your question

Comment

Try it to find it

Originally posted by FX-2 View Post

Thanks in advance.
      Please read the "how to apply" document from CKGS website. It is not complete, but it will help you to an extent. Complete the application process and read every document. Affidavit "in lieu of" notarized document means, instead of providing the original, you are providing a document under oath that you have those documents. You will also need to attach the copy of those document listed in that affidavit. Follow the instructions in the checklist to figure out what to notarize, what to attach as a copy, and what to be sent us original. You need lots of patientce. I really feel bad for all those OCI applications who are not computer savvy. I think they made it this hard, so someone doesn't get an OCI for a dead person or abuse it!

Comment

Originally posted by ItsMeNagz View Post
        This is a list of items that you would be providing as evidence for acquiring OCI. So you should get it notarized from a Notary public stating that "The originals of the above supporting documents are in my possession and will be produced for verification if required by the Mission / Consulate for processing the OCI application"

I hope this answers your question
        Thanks, ItsMeNagz!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Liberty48 View Post
        Please read the "how to apply" document from CKGS website. It is not complete, but it will help you to an extent. Complete the application process and read every document. Affidavit "in lieu of" notarized document means, instead of providing the original, you are providing a document under oath that you have those documents. You will also need to attach the copy of those document listed in that affidavit. Follow the instructions in the checklist to figure out what to notarize, what to attach as a copy, and what to be sent us original. You need lots of patientce. I really feel bad for all those OCI applications who are not computer savvy. I think they made it this hard, so someone doesn't get an OCI for a dead person or abuse it!
        Thanks, Liberty48!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X