Indian Citizenship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indian Citizenship

Hi this is yusuf, i have a question, my sis is a pakistani national, she was married off to pakistan in the year 1987, to my maternal cousin, now her mother-in-law has expired which is one year back, and few day ago my mom expired, now she is feeling alone so she want to come back to india and settel here with her family, can anyone tell us the procedure, and if it is possible, and how should i go about doing it, it will be a great help if some of you will help us thanks in advance.

Originally posted by yusufmerchant
    Hi this is yusuf, i have a question, my sis is a pakistani national, she was married off to pakistan in the year 1987, to my maternal cousin, now her mother-in-law has expired which is one year back, and few day ago my mom expired, now she is feeling alone so she want to come back to india and settel here with her family, can anyone tell us the procedure, and if it is possible, and how should i go about doing it, it will be a great help if some of you will help us thanks in advance.
    Rules and forms about Indian citizenship are on this web site: /oci-card/
    From reading this, I understood if she or one of her parents has been an Indian citizen, she can apply for Indian citizenship after residing in India for one year. So she can apply for a visa to stay for at least a year, then apply for citizenship.

Hope this helps,

Tamtom

Comment

Thanks But...

ur reply was helpful but there are a few things i'd be glad to know.wat abt her siblings and her husband.should they apply for indian citizenship after she gets the indian citizenship?

Comment

Originally posted by yusufmerchant
        ur reply was helpful but there are a few things i'd be glad to know.wat abt her siblings and her husband.should they apply for indian citizenship after she gets the indian citizenship?
        yusufmerchant,

I don't know of any special status for sibling of an Indian citizen. They can apply for Indian citizenship independently, following whatever rule applies to their case.

Spouse of an Indian citizen can apply for Indian citizenship after residing in India for seven years. But unfortunately, as a citizen of Pakistan, he is not eligible for a PIO card. I'm not sure what kind of visa he can get to allow him to stay in India seven years. I'm also not sure how he can get employment authorization. Those things probably depend on more personal details of his case.

Hope this helps,

Tamtom

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X