Indian baby Born in Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indian baby Born in Canada

I came to canada in August'06 on a work permit with my spouse. Now, we are expecting our baby in june'07.

I will go back to india by this year end or by mid of next year.

I want to know the options of carrying my baby back to india as he will be going to stay in india.

Would I require a visa to take my baby to india ? If yes, then could I get a life long visa or long term visa for my baby ? Would he be eligible for dual citizenship or OCI ?

I will appreciate if anybody can suggest me on this ?

Originally posted by rrastogi20
    I came to canada in August'06 on a work permit with my spouse. Now, we are expecting our baby in june'07.

I will go back to india by this year end or by mid of next year.

I want to know the options of carrying my baby back to india as he will be going to stay in india.

Would I require a visa to take my baby to india ? If yes, then could I get a life long visa or long term visa for my baby ? Would he be eligible for dual citizenship or OCI ?

I will appreciate if anybody can suggest me on this ?
    The baby will be eligible for an Indian passport. If you get him one, he won't need a visa to go to India.

If you choose instead to get the baby a Canadian passport, then the baby will be eligible for a PIO card and can use that to go to India.

Hope this helps,

Tamtom

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X